Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • steviebuk
    • By steviebuk 11th Jul 18, 7:49 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 12Thanks
    steviebuk
    e.on clearly not listening
    • 11th Jul 18, 7:49 PM
    e.on clearly not listening 11th Jul 18 at 7:49 PM
    So we moved into a new house recently and when moved in, on that day called e.on to inform them. Went through all the blurb then said "And also we going with another supplier Bulb". They didn't sound to pleased but not my problem.

Anyway. This should of all been recorded their end yet they keep now sending us bills from the previous residents (this place used to be rented). It just says "The occupier" the bill is for 310.71 and on it there is a debt collection fee of 10.

How do we get e.on to stop and listen that this ISN'T our bill and we told them this when we moved in? Considering they are just addressing it to The Occupier I assume they can't send debt collectors round as no one would be named on a writ?
Page 2
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 13th Jul 18, 1:56 PM
    • 15,778 Posts
    • 22,460 Thanks
    antrobus
    So still a completely subjective assessment then.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    No, it's an objective statistically valid survey of people's subjective assessment of customer service.

People are entitled to their opinion of Trustpilot. But they rate Amazon as 'poor'. FFS, they're probably the world's number 1 retailer, rated number 1 for customer service in the UK five years running. Therefore I don't view Trustpilot ratings as being of any value.

P.S. This is, of course, gloriously off topic.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 13th Jul 18, 2:12 PM
    • 2,202 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    No, it's an objective statistically valid survey of people's subjective assessment of customer service.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    No, it isn't objective. It is, by definition, subjective, because it is based on people's opinions, and opinions are completely subjective. Whether or not it is statistically valid is a moot point, because it is subjective. (I also don't know that it is statistically valid - although I'm not saying that it isn't - because nothing in the link you gave explains the research methodology).

People are entitled to their opinion of Trustpilot. But they rate Amazon as 'poor'. FFS, they're probably the world's number 1 retailer, rated number 1 for customer service in the UK five years running. Therefore I don't view Trustpilot ratings as being of any value.
    I never said that they were. I was merely trying to acertain (and then highlight the subjectivitiy) of why we should put store by this other completely subjective evaluation of companies.

P.S. This is, of course, gloriously off topic.
    Yes, but there's far too much misuse of survey results on this forum and the wider website. It is entirely possible to conduct a statistically valid survey on people's subjective opinions which will end up proclaiming something as a truth when it is demonstrably not so. This is because you are only reporting what people think, and not what is fact.
    • steviebuk
    • By steviebuk 16th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    steviebuk
    Basics first: on what date did you move in and register with Eon?
    Originally posted by macman

We called on the 13th June 2018. We gave the agent the meter reading. He took my partners details and said he'd register her and send her user details for our account. The user details never turned up. He clearly took her e-mail address however as we've now ironically had a Eon Survey asking how they did, they sent that 3 weeks after calling them.

Then they've sent on the 17th July using the e-mail address they used to "sign us up" spam about tarrifer rewards (surely that breaks GDPR considering we still haven't been given any account details to give concent to their spam).

Anyway. I guess the agent never created the account then.
    Last edited by steviebuk; 16-07-2018 at 9:27 PM. Reason: Wrong date.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 16th Jul 18, 8:30 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 2,291 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    We called on the 13th July 2018. We gave the agent the meter reading. He took my partners details and said he'd register her and send her user details for our account.
    Originally posted by steviebuk

If you called on 13th July 2018 to give e-on the opening meter reading and to set up your account it would be impossible for a switch to Bulb (or any other supplier) to complete by now, 16th July 2018.

There is a minimum 14 day cooling off period before the switch can actually start.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 16th Jul 18, 8:34 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 2,291 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer

Then they've sent on the 17th July using the e-mail address they used to "sign us up" spam about tarrifer rewards (surely that breaks GDPR considering we still haven't been given any account details to give concent to their spam).

How do you already know what they are going to send you tomorrow, 17th July!
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 16th Jul 18, 9:06 PM
    • 2,202 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    We called on the 13th July 2018. We gave the agent the meter reading. He took my partners details and said he'd register her and send her user details for our account. The user details never turned up. He clearly took her e-mail address however as we've now ironically had a Eon Survey asking how they did, they sent that 3 weeks after calling them.
    Three weeks on from 13th July is 3rd August. We haven't got to 3rd August yet. Do you mean 13th June?

I'm increasingly confused by your posts. They don't make sense.

As noted, 17th July is tomorrow.

No, it doesn't breach GDPR. Feel free to appraise yourself of the regulations here: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/priorities/justice-and-fundamental-rights/data-protection/2018-reform-eu-data-protection-rules_en

Anyway. I guess the agent never created the account then.
    Maybe, maybe not. Why don't you phone them up and ask them?
    • steviebuk
    • By steviebuk 16th Jul 18, 9:40 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    steviebuk
    If you called on 13th July 2018 to give e-on the opening meter reading and to set up your account it would be impossible for a switch to Bulb (or any other supplier) to complete by now, 16th July 2018.

There is a minimum 14 day cooling off period before the switch can actually start.
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer

My mistake I meant June

I should also mention Bulb have set our account up. Looking at the Bulb account "we get cracking with your switch" that was actually on the 6th June when we exchanged. However we didn't complete until the 13th June and moved in. Gave Eon meter readings. 22 June submitted first meter reading to Bulb. 27 June Bulb took first payment. 27 June we'll be offically a Bulb member. According to Bulb final bill from previous supplier should be 8th August.

Still doesn't look like E.on ever processed the account properly. We're trying to be honest here by sorting this out, to pay for what we used until the switch. E.on have made it complicated. I'm suprised people even admit to this as surely, if E.on don't bother processing the accounts properly when someone moves in, that person I would of thought could get away with no paying due to E.on not having any details, just an address.
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 17th Jul 18, 11:29 AM
    • 249 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    Bit surprised eon didnt object to Bulb taking over supply if you requested it on 8th June has you completed on 13th June? You are responsible for usuage and Standing Charges to Eon from 13th June until when you switch to Bulb went through. Just because Bulb took a payment on 27 JUne doesnt mean thats when you started with them then. Have you rung Bulb to confirm the date switch has gone through?

The bills addressed to Occupier arent for you and you just need to make sure your readings on your Eon bill match what you gave them , though why you waited until 22 June is anyones guess!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

7,618Users online

Martin's Twitter