Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Dear JohnD1957

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • Absolutely terrible company. Not covered by any regulator (should the FCA step in here?)

Didn't honour our contract when our boiler broke down. Gave them every chance to sort this out but they decided they would push us into "the long grass".

Took them to court and judge found in our favour and awarded costs against 24/7 Home Rescue.

Should have stayed throughout with British Gas service!
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    jk0 wrote: »
    How about we lobby MSE to get Lauren banned? :)

Tempting idea, jk0, but 24/7 Home Rescue is too miniscule an entity ever to provoke serious consideration of a restriction on the right to free speech. An enforced absence of those occasionally illiterate responses from 'Lauren' would deny many a good laugh -- as well as the entertaining sight of a business which clearly believes it's clever at media management when the opposite is so self-evidently the case. The more that 'Lauren' responds, the more this thread updates, with benefits to everyone everywhere -- except, of course, 24/7 Home Rescue itself. :)
  • I too bought a boiler breakdown cover costing £16.99 pcm after 5 months i noticed water coming from the case i called them to book an engineer to have a look and told me i would have to pay £75 as this is not a total failure of the system i told them if i leave it long enough it will be a total failure and a risk of electric shock to me still no joy i cancelled my cover imediatly got a plumber to look at it and it was just the expansion hose come off the drain. changed my policy to corgi which are more reliable
  • Navh
    Navh Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2018 at 1:31PM
    {text removed by MSE Forum Team} took the landlord cover out in Jan they charged me £60 upfront to service the bolier before the cover could start. The service was fine no issues, than it was £15 a month cover with unlimited call outs and zero excess but when my Tennant informed me that the boiler is not working, I called these {text removed by MSE Forum Team} thinking they will take care of this. They asked me to pay for them £75 as my bolier is too old, this was not raised as an issue when I took the cover even though they knew the age of the boiler.. anyway I wanted the problem to go away for my tenant and I was pre-occupied on family matters for the sake of convenience I paid these losers £75 to than hear back from them that the boiler is beyond economical repair and tried to push me towards a new boiler deal over 7 years!! Unbelievable to say the least.

I have since had an independent engineer who came out and fixed the problem by replacing one part that cost less than £20... I have now been chasing these {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} for a refund of my money {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} but don't seem be getting anywhere, apparently they are now reviewing my case.

I would be happy to join together with other frustrated customers to pursue as a group, as far as I'm concerned this company should not be allowed to operate with these {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} practices and I will see this to the end irrespective of what it will cost, this post is just the beginning :mad:
  • nicpaice1
    nicpaice1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 3 September 2018 at 9:06AM
    {Name removed by MSE Forum Team} on the Complaints Team complaints@247homerescue.co.uk arrogant, dismissive, unhelpful. The Company lacks any structured complaints procedure and no means to appeal {Name removed by MSE Forum Team} edict.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 September 2018 at 9:04AM
    For the £15 a month I have saved in the last 28 years £5,000. I have spend around £300 on the local gas man on 6 occasions!
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Dear nicpaice1

We believe a response has already been given to you regarding the excess charge. We also clarified for you that after reviewing your complaint and the manner that it was dealt with by Shane, we are satisfied it was dealt with fairly and in accordance with company policy.

Your response has been acknowledged and we will be liaising with you further.

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 3Ps
    3Ps Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 3 September 2018 at 9:00AM
    Wow - can't believe this thread is STILL going!
    For any new people who are running searches and considering using this vile company, I feel it's important to share my experience as well.

I took out boiler cover with them over a year ago now. No response within their supposed 24 hour period once the boiler issue was logged. They even go as far to state: “Our engineers enable us to respond to our members' problems in as little as 4HOURS “.
    I didn't experience anything close to this statement.
    They also state the following:
    “Priority customers: At our absolute sole discretion, we will try to ensure that any property with residents that are over 60 years old or under 5 years old or that have special medical conditions are treated as a priority, and we will aim to get an engineer to these properties the very same day they contact us. “
    They were informed that there was a 2 week old baby at the house. It meant nothing to them.
    Additionally, instead of the standard excess fee which was agreed at the time I took out the boiler cover, I was asked to pay more (£75) as it was a boiler that was over 10 years old.
    I was informed through all their documentation that this would only be for boilers over 15 years old - so this is clearly not right that they took these additional funds from me.
    There's more - I was told when I took out the policy that it would be £10 a month and would remain so for the duration of the policy.
    However, from September’s payment onwards they started to take out £13 out of my account per month. When I called up at the time to complain, I was told there was nothing that could be done.

Months of complaining, and they still never fixed my broken boiler. I had to pay another company to do it. Quality and levels of service we have experienced from 24/7 Home Rescue were simply appalling.
    PLEASE PLEASE AVOID. Google them for yourself to see I am not alone in my experience - plenty of other negative reviews online.
    {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • 247 home let down. Boiler breakdown at property in November2017. Major hassle to eventually get them to authorize repair but was completed appropriately by subcontractor. He has never been paid so i have now had to pay him directly.
    Multiple phone calls and e-mails with no progress. Now informed the matter has been passed to their complaints but still no communication with me.
    They may look competitive but will cost in many ways in long term.
    Totally unreasonable service, disregard for their customers and other small businesses.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback