Resolver & Tesco PPI complaint

I have been successful with PPI complaints for mbna, RBS & capital one simply by writing them & a phone call with RBS
I now remember I have an old Tesco card so as I could not complain to them online I used the resolver tool completing all boxes with the information requested
A week or so later I've received a letter & form to fill in from Tesco but the form asks the same questions as I filled in on resolver
Is this usual? Do I need to complete their form also? I thought by filling out all the information on resolver would mean I didn't have to do this! I can of course fill it in it just annoys me that Tesco are delaying my complaint response

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Not all lenders use Resolver, as it's a bit rubbish.

Fill out the form and send it directly. Much quicker and easier all round.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Doglover12 wrote: »
    I thought by filling out all the information on resolver would mean I didn't have to do this! I can of course fill it in it just annoys me that Tesco are delaying my complaint response
    Resolver is just a third party E-Mail template, so no firm is obliged to accept complaints using this portal.

If you want to advance your complaint, cease being "annoyed" and simply fill in the form that Tesco have sent you.
  • tls1974
    tls1974 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Both Tesco and Natwest did the same to me.

I rang them and pointed out that they already had all of the information and suddenly they didn't need their paper forms filled in....

You will have to keep chasing Tesco though. They're a nightmare - been waiting 7 months for them to send an amended offer.

And yes, I do chase them up regularly! :)
  • Doglover12
    Doglover12 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Thank you

I did post the form back today but I will definitely chase them up like you said !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure