Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Today we received our copy of the letter DH's Consultant sent his GP re the new medication, so I rang the surgery to request a prescription but they hadn't got their letter yet :mad:. I will ring again tomorrow and if they still don't have it I will take them my copy. DH is desperate to get started on it in the hope it controls the seizures better.

Today has been spend free as I said in the last post, and I still haven't needed to put diesel in the car. Normally I put £30 worth of fuel in on a Saturday, but with staying put over the weekend we still have a bit left. Don't think I'll make it until this saturday, but it would be nice to think I could save a weeks worth of money and put it towards debt or Christmas! Will see how I go.

The lady from the Carer's Centre also rang to book me in for a follow up appointment. I did make an appointment with her for next week, but I also told her that I didn't think I qualified for the Carer's fund as my GP surgery wasn't listed in the 'your GP must appear in this list' section. She said if that was the case I wouldn't qualify for the local fund but I could apply to the National Fund and she'd help me with that :T.

Finally, Beavers went fine tonight, but GSL asked my assistant to 'run things for a while' but I'd still be the official leader. I give up!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    No, you will not be the official leader :mad: :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Your GSL is certainly determined to ignore things. If I was you I would email him a suitably shocking and rude email and tell him to take a hike. But I know you won't do that to the kids. Y'know, after you walk after Christmas, you don't have to reply to emails, or answer calls or messages. Let him continue with his delusions and be completely scuppered when the 'helper' jumps ship at all the work!

Quiet weekend is sometimes needed. My nephew spends every weekend out either at Rugby, training, or off visiting places and people. Invariably he turns up to see me looking exhausted, flops onto the sofa and I see countless pics of him fast asleep on the sofa at my sisters. So just think of it as R&R for your boys after all the usual frenetic activity. There are bound to be some weekends where the weather is so poor you can't do anything :)

Hugs!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I am getting really cross with your Group Leader :mad:.

What role model is he giving the rest of his team and young people that he doesn't accept that family and your health comes first.

Do you know the person who is above him, so you could have a quiet word, voicing your concerns.

I don't think you are going to achieve what you need to do with him. Either as the others said, just walk away at the end of term, or as perhaps I would do, write a letter stating my regret etc due to life etc that your Group leader is struggling to accept this and send it to the County leader

For your peace of mind you need to draw a happy line under this.

Take Care

Mrs B
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Hi PLMBL

I found you :j. Lovely fresh new diary and great title.

With only 3k of debt left to kill this diary is going to be a good one. :T.

Can't believe the GSL inferred you leaving Beavers was only temporary :mad:. As Lilt said, once you leave in December, you can just disappear and not reply to emails etc. It will be a lot easier. Its up to them if they want to fool themselves into thinking you are not serious.

Anyway, I am subscribed and will be following your new diary avidlyxxx
  • Hi Lucky made it to your new diary woohoo!! Congrats on it.

Firstly, tell that leader to leave you alone. secondly well done on the epic quiet weekend - sometimes its so necessary...

Take carex

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • beanielou wrote: »
    No, you will not be the official leader :mad: :mad:

Agreed!!! Grrrr hate people like that. Sooo selfish!! :wall:

October xx
  • Finally, Beavers went fine tonight, but GSL asked my assistant to 'run things for a while' but I'd still be the official leader. I give up!!

Unbelieveable! :eek:
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    please-let-me-be-lucky Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 November 2014 at 10:52PM
    Thanks everyone for all your support, and welcome to my new home 'old' friends!

I'm a happy girlie tonight as I've lost 4lbs at chub club :j. Head is back in the game and 2 stone 8lbs lost in total :T. I might well get my 3 stone award for Christmas yet!

DH and his paramedic mate went out for a cycle ride this morning so I pottered doing ironing etc and just enjoyed the peace. It's not often I'm totally alone! I then went to Mr T's as we had no milk or toothpaste left, making use of the £5 off a £40 spend voucher I had by stocking up on things on special offer that will keep (toothpaste/conditioner/pop/tins etc), and I got a couple of Christmas presents too. This afternoon I had a parents meeting at DS2's school re maths and literacy, followed by DS2 getting his hair cut. I haven't stopped all day!

The GP surgery had the letter this morning so we can collect the new meds tomorrow :T.

Bumped into someone today who was pregnant at the same time as I lost the twins. The rush of emotions I felt about that took me by surprise and I've felt a little bit down since :(.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Take care of you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback