Mr and Mrs K's New Journey to a Debt Free Life.

Comments

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    LannieDuck wrote: »
    Very true. But in raising enough money to pay back the debts, you've already started changing your habits. I'm hoping the long-term changes won't be as much work as you think...

I do hope this will be the case. :) We have tried to start keeping spending to within our means (it's a start), not done particularly well this month, so still need to work out how to "do" occasions (even simple ones like bonfire night) and not spend lot of money in doing so.
    You better, or we'll have words. Words, I tell thee! ;)

You are doing really well Alex, and I agree with those who say talk to your counsellor about your mum as soon as you feel ready. She does love you I would say - she's your mum after all - but her love seems awfully conditional.

Well done on getting through another session, and for only buying a coffee afterwards. Nobody enjoys counselling, it's a therapy not a hobby after all, but glad to hear you're going to stick with it :)

Great news re: your niece, there's something incredibly satisfying about something you taught bearing fruit, IMO.

HBS x

:rotfl: And thank you.

I've not had a very nice day today, so it's nice to think back and realise that I'm beginning to sort things out.

Counselling is going rather slowly as I'm struggling somewhat with it, at times it feels more like expensive upset than "therapy" and most certainly NOT a "hobby". However, I am going to give it a proper chance, this time.

Very much agree, I'm incredibly proud of her. :)
    bess1234 wrote: »
    I knew it, you are Mr Chips re incarnated!

You can add talented teacher to your list of achievements.

I used to think lol stood for lots of love and people were declaring their love for me. Oooooo the embarrassment :o:o:o:o

And only a coffee after counselling. Are you feeling ok? Lol

:rotfl: On all accounts!

Yes, just a coffee it felt good not to feel guilty when I got home.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    AlexLK wrote: »
    Thank you.

No, didn't think I could do it at all. However, in my case getting debt free will likely not be the biggest challenge; that will be STAYING debt free. :o

As long as you stay on here, there be enough of us to help keep u on the straight and narrow xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    You don't get rid of me that easily... :rotfl: I've worked out I DEFINITELY spend less for having to declare it in a diary on here every evening. :o
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK wrote: »
    You don't get rid of me that easily... :rotfl: I've worked out I DEFINITELY spend less for having to declare it in a diary on here every evening. :o

Totally agree with you, I have found the diary has really kept me on the straight and narrow these last couple of years, and I actually really miss it when I have been AWOL on occasions.:p

Lots of people log their NSD's ( No spend days , for us non abbreviaters ;)) they are pretty good for stopping the spending in its tracks as you are supposed to declare it on the diary although I must admit to being totally useless at keeping of track with them personally xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Pinot: Do you have a diary too? I log my NSDs, challenge was 7 for this month, managed 5 so far. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK wrote: »
    Pinot: Do you have a diary too? I log my NSDs, challenge was 7 for this month, managed 5 so far. :)

Yes I do although its pretty long, which looking at your fast moving diary yours will be before you know it ! ;)

The Link is (not good with links so may not work ) forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3592611 if that doesn't work its called Pinots Potty Debt Free Journey. I am thinking it may be about time to start a nice shiny new one shortly as its two years old now.

Well done with the NSD's.:D

Have a lovely Friday evening Mr & Mrs K x
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Friday 22nd November, 2013.
    Day 83.

Dear Diary,

Well, I can't believe it is Friday already! Despite the week being fairly busy I am surprised it has passed this quickly.

Firstly, onto the subject of finances, I've raised an extra £250 on an item today and I may have a £300 deal in the pipeline on an eBay item. Furthermore, I have received an offer from my other Full and Final card, though at this stage negotiations will continue with that particular debt. So all in all, debt busting has been existent and we are still ploughing on.

Work has been fruitful today though not too busy which is always very nice, the worse days are those were I'm running about all day only to not receive a penny at the end of it. Today has thankfully been the opposite. In my first month "going it alone", I've reached target with a spare week to go. Not all of today has been particularly positive: I've not been feeling great, I've had a drink when I said I won't (though only a glass of wine with my dinner) and the less said about the latest with my parents, the better I think, if only for my own sanity.

I shall end on a nicer point though; the weather has been so cold but crisp here. I really like winter when it's like this; what's the chance of it lasting though? Before I forget, a big, big thank you to mum2one, we tried one of her recipes (not today) and it was delicious.

Summary:
    +£25.00 Music Teaching.
    -£9.50 Fish and Chips. (Yes, I said I'd stop this but these are super, can't think how we could possibly make this any better ourselves!) :o

Yours Faithfully,
    Alex.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yes I do although its pretty long, which looking at your fast moving diary yours will be before you know it ! ;)

The Link is (not good with links so may not work ) forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3592611 if that doesn't work its called Pinots Potty Debt Free Journey. I am thinking it may be about time to start a nice shiny new one shortly as its two years old now.

Well done with the NSD's.:D

Have a lovely Friday evening Mr & Mrs K x

I shall check your diary out, thank you. Hope you don't mind me just "joining in". :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Well, I've been a good boy this evening and paid my council tax 9 days early. This has NEVER happened before, in fact often I'm sent late payment reminders. :o
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Overall it sounds a really positive week, and thats brill that the 2nd company are looking at F+F.

Well done with the eBay as well.

I'd love to take the credit for the recipie, but it was from my booklet that came with slow cooker.

There is nothing that beats chip shop chips, (dont do the fish...but the chips.... lush). We all deserve a treat, treated DD to Pizza - only because it was on special offer (£9.99) and we shared it, xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport