When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!!

Comments

• Lurker1972
    Lurker1972 Posts: 779 Forumite
    If you are getting income based ESA, you also qualify for Council Tax Benefit..
    I do not make mistakes, I learn lessons.
    I work to live, not live to work.
    I love to live & live to love.
    Good enough is exactly that.
  • Lurker1972 wrote: »
    If you are getting income based ESA, you also qualify for Council Tax Benefit..

Eeeek yes I forgot to say we get that too, thanks Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Didnt get a chance to post yesterday after a shift at each job. Just had job 1 to do today but I'm back at both jobs again tomorrow. I will be pleased of it come pay day but the thought of it right now.... grrrrrr:mad:

DH has been quite down and depressed today. He gets panicky and feels sick for no apparent reason. He's got more psychological appointments coming up in the next couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to him hopefully getting more help and possibly coping strategies. In the meantime though he's spending some time with his best mate tonight so fingers crossed that perks him up.

Hey ho, tomorrow is another day!
  • Hi there :) just wanted to say welcome. What a run of horrid luck :( !! But they always say the only way is up once you hit rock bottom. And there are some positives already by the time i got to the last post so that's great long may it continue :D
    MFW 2024 #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £307/ 206.88 (ytd £640) working towards owning 50%
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance 01/01/24 £99224.13 01/02 £98,833.7201/03 £98,928.18
    01/04 £97,646.20
    Baby EF done £1.5k.Working towards goal 2 £32.45/500
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Well you have certainly had a run of bad luck but i do beleive it turns, am thinking of you and sending any vibes I can that it turns soon for you, God Bless Meg
    Slimming World at target
  • Thank you both :D

Your well wishes worked as I finally have something good to report, though it came off the back of something sad. We were today given £4k inheritance from DH's Grandma's estate. We weren't expecting anything as the will left everything to my Mother in Law, but she was kind enough to pass some money on.

With it we plan to:-
    Pay off some debt
    Buy a new washing machine
    Do a few home improvements
    Put a little aside to help with the costs of the 6 week school summer holidays
    Pay for car tax at the end of May
    Have a small emergency fund.

Looking forward to seeing how far we can stretch it!!
  • Finally got a bit of peace to snuggle on the sofa with the laptop and The Voice/Britains got Talent on tv!

Had a fairly good day which included getting DS2's shoes from Cl*rks outlet shop for the bargain price of £14.99 instead of the usual £30 ish:j. Then spent £7.80 on a McDonalds for the 2 boys though :o.

I've been feeling a bit wound up today and not sure why. It shouldn't be hormones or anything so hoping I'm just tired and will feel better tomorrow. It worries me when I start letting things get to me, I'm the one who's supposed to keep it all together!
  • In a better frame of mind today :D

Left DS2 with his Gran for a few hours and DH and I took DS1 to the cinema to see Marvel Avengers. It was a fab film, much better than I thought it'd be (and not just because of Thor - phwoar!!;)). Anyway, when we first went in the cashier rang up the 3 tickets at £31!!!!!!!!:eek: but when I handed over my premier card I had enough points to get 2 of the tickets free so it ended up costing £8.50:j That's more like it!!!

Popped in to Mr A's afterwards to get a few necessities and some flowers for MIL as a thank you for the recent inheritance, but didn't do a huge shop as I want to take advantage of the £10 off £80 at Mr T's this week coming. I don't normally spend that much in one go but stocks are running low and we might as well top back up again while we have the funds.
  • Just done some calculations and I've realised our debts have gone under £20k :j:j:j:j:j:j:j

Milestone #1 reached :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • Well I didnt have the best morning at work today :mad: but I'm off tomorrow :j so all smiles now :D!

Took advantage of the £10 off £80 spend coupon at Mr T's this afternoon but I didnt exactly stock up like I'd intended. By the time DH convinced me he NEEDED new weights (his one and only treat from the money from his Grandma) I had £28 less to spend. Nice to see him happy though (and nicer still that we both appreciated it was a one off rather than a weekly thing like we used to, hence the debts we have!).

Weigh in day again tomorrow for the slimathon and I'm looking forward to seeing how much I've lost. I've been sooooo good:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family