Sorting through my rubbish

Options

Comments

• trixiepix
    trixiepix Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey lovely,

The floor tiles are still making me mad!!!!! - just gotta let it go, lol lol - i hate it when i miss a bargain!!!

Managed to bid and win a dressing up outfit for DD1 to take with us at the weekend ( we were away for 4 days) as they have a dressing up night on one of the eve's and she told me when it arrived it was far too girlie - tut - so that will be going back on ebay fairly shortly along with the matching shoes!!! - i just have to give in to the fact that she is a tom boy through and through!!!

You're cosy lounge sounds fab - i'm picturing you all warm and snuggley in there :D. I've dragged the bed throws out of the airing cupboard and put them all through the fast wash and managed to get them air dried last week in anticipation of the colder weather as we had a few cold nights last week but now this week it's quite mild again - tut!!

Dare i ask how the dishwasher is?????:cool:

Have a good day xxxx

CATALOGUE - £500
    WEIGHT LOSS - 10 of 65lbs
    SAVINGS £500 of £2500 by 2018
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi Hun,

Hope you had a good time away. LOL, your little one made me laugh with her outfit being too girly!! My DD is the same, she loves being a tomboy (but she does still have my fetish for shoes and handbags!!).

The dishwasher is (fingers crossed) fixed. Our tame repair man came and replaced a part but as he says they are a bit tempramental and can go again after a few washes he has refused to take any payment yet ( he is a real gem).

I have put the sunshades behind the radiators now, not that we have the heating on yet, always try to get into November first!! I bought 6 of the car sunshades from £land and after trimming them to size did all of the rads in the house and had enough left over to line the dogs bedroom (aka under stairs cupboard) so she is nice and cosy now!:T Bought yet more fleece blankets from Halfcost (£2.99 for a pack of 2), not as thick as the ASD@ ones so I will probably use these as the curtain liners.

Feeling quite down at the mo, not sure if it's the time of year or DH's situation taking it's toll. Keep waking up at 3am and just can't get back to sleep. DH made me an appointment with our GP (I am terrible, I never go to the doctors) and he has given me some sleeping tablets which are also a mild anti-depressant, not sure they are working though, I'm still not sleeping right and feel even more down:(

I've put in an order with Approved Foods which should arrive this week and with the ASD@ order that came yesterday we should be pretty sorted for the month apart from bread, milk and fresh fruit and veg. MY ASD@ order was wrong again last night, that's the 4th time in a row so have emailed the Chief Executive!! Think I will give Mr S a go next month as they deliver to our town (we are somewhat out on a limb!!) Also had some £land vouchers £2 off a £12 spend so have stocked up on Fray Bentos pies, sugar, Mattesons Sausages etc, all stuff I would buy anyway and that makes a quick dinner for DH to when I'm at work.

Sorted through my clothes at the weekend, put away all of my summer things:(, hardly feels like they have been worn this year. DD sorted out her clothes too. Have also gone through the Christmas stash and DD is definately done, anything else she wants will have to come from relatives. DS1 has a nice pressie and a couple of bits so will probably just make up the rest with some money. DS2 is always the problem, that child never asks for anything - bless him!! Have got quite a few bits for pamper boxes for friends and colleagues and loads of stuff for the Xmas Shoe boxes we do for underprivelidged children (I have been buying cheap bits and bobs all year, including magic gloves for 25p!!). I am determined thta we will have a good Xmas as it could be DS1's last one at home for a while!

Must fly

321xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

I've just read your thread from start to finish and what an inspiration you are. I can't get over what you manage to do in a day, puts me to shame. I love all your bargains you find, I rarely find anything worthwhile, my supermarkets are rubbish!

Keep up the good work, I k is the next few months are going to be tough, what with OHs redundancy and his op, but if any can make the pennies stretch and cope, you can.

Please keep posting, as I love reading.

M x
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All,

Missy, thank you for the lovely comments. I think keeping this diary has helped me, I know financially we haven't made any huge progress but looking back we have managed some difficult times and also carried out a fair bit of work on improving the house so when I get down it is good to go back and remind myself of that.

Have managed the food budget etc well this week, DH cooked a spag bol on Tuesday night so that fed them all yesterday as well (I was working both nights). I made a spicy sausage pasta bake on Monday night and there was some left for a couple of work lunches. Not sure what to make tonight but DH is making Toad-in-the-hole tomorrow night.

Received my Approved Food delivery yesterday. Very well packaged as always. I have got lots of 'staples', suet, pulses, tinned goods and also treated myself to some cocktail mixers (you just add them to spirits and ice), I got Moscow Mule, Cosmopolitans, Sex on the Beach and Hawaiian, thought they would be good for our NYE party (it's out turn to host this year). Have also started the Xmas food cupboard, have got Xmas puds (leftover from last year but still in date!), Brandy Sauce, Cranberry Sauce and Cranberry and Orange stuffing (all from AF delivery) and Jacobs savoury biscuits from my voucher spend at £land!! Will be careful with my online order next pay month and try and squeeze in a few more Xmas treats then. Gonna keep my eyes open for cheap frozen turkeys but need to free up freezer space first. Only ordered yorkshire puds and meatfree mince frozen this month, will start clearing out the freezers now, MUST MEAL PLAN:)

Re sorted the toiletteries stash this week and discovered some lovely beauty serums etc DH got me last Xmas, have now but them in the bathroom so that they get used (and I do NEED to use them LOL!!). Have plenty of shampoo, deodrant and shower gels for the boys, hopefully see them through til Xmas or until I find more bargains.

Am trying to recreate outfits from my wardrobe by mixing up what I would normally wear, one of my clients commented yesterday that I was dressing 'more trendily'! So it appears to be working!

Must go now, take care all and have a good afternoon

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the unexpected sunshine.

Managed to do another carboot sale yesterday (only 1 more to go before the end of the season). Made about £25 but did buy myself some brand new, with the label, Per Una, pink, fluffy slipper boots for 50p!!!! The car boot stuff is now sat in my lounge to be sorted through. I am going to donate the left over books to the Primary school's book sale. DVDs and CDs are going to the charity shop along with some other bits and I am just going to keep anything that is worth Ebaying. If I do that last car boot (in 2 weeks time) I will take some of my Xmas stock.

Had a cooking day on Saturday (in between helping DH with DIY!). Made 24 fairy cakes (12 chocolate and 12 vanilla), 2 large coffee cakes (to keep DH happy), Rocky Road slab cake and 2 huge pizzas (1 ham and pineapple and 1 pepperoni). We had the pizza for dinner that evening and the kids have taken the leftovers for lunch today. I took a coffee cake and the rocky road to our friends yesterday (they invited us over for dinner and I always make dessert, promised their son ages ago I would make him rocky road again).

I seem to be sleeping better again, not sure if it's the tablets but I don't want to be reliant on them. I have a bit more energy now thank goodness. I have 3 double shifts in a row this week but I am not seeing my little lady til Saturday so that should work out ok. Our friends have invited us out for curry on Thursday night so that will be something nice to look forward to.

Budget not looking brilliant (thanks to DH's builder's merchant's bill which still needs paying) but the cupboards are full so with meal planning and organisation we will be ok. Need to get some more bread and milk today, oh and apples (keep forgetting the apples) but find that if I buy the instore bakery bread when it's reduced it will last a week in this weather (not so good in the summer) which saves me 'popping in' for bread and spending £20!

Put washing in, dishwasher on and a chicken in the slow cooker before work this morning. DH will do veg, yorkshire puds etc with the chicken tonight and we will make a chicken and potato curry tomorrow with naan and mango chutney from AF. Will try and make one of my savoury roules this week to use up the pepperoni left from the pizzas along with whatever veg needs eating.

Off to do some work now.

Have a good day

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Ahhhh, panic stations!

DH had a phone call today from the hospital asking if he would go in on Thursday for his op :eek::eek: (they have had a cancellation). He hadn't even been given a date (although we were originally told July or August).

It's 2-3 months recovery so he should be fit and well by Xmas and then New Year, New Start!!!

It's going to be a manic couple of weeks juggling hospital visits (a 50 mile round journey on country roads), work and kids so don't know how often I will be able to post but will do my best!!

Finger's crossed it all goes well.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hey 321,
    just crashing in to wish your hubby all the best for his op.

You sound like a strong lady and i'm sure you will cope at this difficult time.

Hope he recovers v quickly x
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi Bagpuss,

Thanks for the message, I am sure DH will be ok, it's always a bit of a worry with a GA though.

He is a terrible patient so I'm sure the recovery will be an 'interesting' time!! I'm really glad it's happening now though as he should be recovered by Xmas and DS1 is still around at the moment to help out either with DH or looking after the other kids.

I will certainly be glad when Thursday is over!!!

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • trixiepix
    trixiepix Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OMG - i haven't checked in for a week or so (children ill - first cold of the winter - tut!!) and look what's happened!!
    Well lovely, i hope DH is ok (and you are too xx), it's such a stressful time when you're worrying about a loved one whilst still trying to juggle all of the balls in the air with general home life.
    At least with the operation date being a bit of a surprise there's less time to fret about it plus if the recovery is on track then christmas and new year should be a fab time!!!
    I'll bore you at a later time with my christmas shopping antics!!! but along with you i'm starting to make some baby steps with christmas stuff and i even but the fruit in a brandy soak yesterday ready to make the crimbo cakes in a few days (oh my lord, i think i've been abducted by aliens and replaced with this organised woman!!!! - it won't last long:rotfl:)
    Take good care lovely lady xx

CATALOGUE - £500
  • trixiepix
    Options
    Hey lovely lady,

I bet your head is spinning at the mo - hope DH is doing ok and is on the road to recovery :D and ofcourse you're doing ok too xx

Well, xmas shopping is coming along nicely , money put aside for DD's x 2 presents, stocking fillers pretty much finished and quite a lot of other people sorted (CC has had to take a bit of a hit but hopefully will be more organised financially to resolve next year - who am i trying to kid :rotfl:) - DH & i only have token gesture pressies as we can't afford to buy each other anything else!!!!

I've been christmas cake baking this week and finally found my suet free crimbo pudding recipe that dissappeared in the house move last year, so may get around to that on Sunday!

Take good care xx

CATALOGUE - £500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business