Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ...Although the portion sizes!...

hunny bunny - it has to be said...

across the pond "doggy bags" are quite the norm...

pay for one meal, eat for three - true MSE fashion...

when my dear OH first came to 'court' me many many years ago, he could not understand why I ordered the largest size of fajitas, and the largest basket of chicken wings & only picked at both (by his reckoning) and then much to his embarrassment asked for the rest to be packed up! as we walked back home he said he finally understood what all those white bags were that everyone was was walking around with:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

btw... when I moved this side of the pond, he promptly forbade me to ever order anything more than i could eat, as there was no packing up... ever...;):D:rotfl:

now the first thing we do every trip home is have a meal somewhere that serves too much & then ask for it to be packed up!:rotfl:

...all that to say...

...ask for it to be packed up luv...:A
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2018 at 10:17AM
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    hunny bunny - it has to be said...

across the pond "doggy bags" are quite the norm...

pay for one meal, eat for three - true MSE fashion...

when my dear OH first came to 'court' me many many years ago, he could not understand why I ordered the largest size of fajitas, and the largest basket of chicken wings & only picked at both (by his reckoning) and then much to his embarrassment asked for the rest to be packed up! as we walked back home he said he finally understood what all those white bags were that everyone was was walking around with:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

btw... when I moved this side of the pond, he promptly forbade me to ever order anything more than i could eat, as there was no packing up... ever...;):D:rotfl:

now the first thing we do every trip home is have a meal somewhere that serves too much & then ask for it to be packed up!:rotfl:

...all that to say...

...ask for it to be packed up luv...:A

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:T:T:A:A:A

This made me giggle so much - thank you for posting it. I've been eating complimentary salads and nibbling from himself's plate most of the week. Although a few things did end up in said doggy bags and got me through my snacking nights when he was studying. :A

:money:

Home now - feel like it was all a dream.

Also feels like I've been haemorrhaging money since returning home.

:rotfl: first child is home for a week, need I say more? :rotfl:

Waves hello I'm off to see if I can get into the bank today, couldn't get access online yesterday.

Probably just as well.

Mixed bag of post on return home, one update from HRMC saying I paid too little two years ago. (??) One private parking fine for local supermarket (???? will chase that up so not going there) need to fathom what's going on.

Two cards arrived, one with 50 quid in it. :D

On reflection, this week might be OK after all................:T
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Welcome Home stranger! You have been missed!:A

...Two cards arrived, one with 50 quid in it. :D...

...methinks this means the 'big' BDay is immanent?
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Keep having a fabarooni time :) xx

Thanks me dear blowy round these parts but bright :j - home now and the washing machine is on overdose.

Picked up respected hounds from their holibubs yesterday and called into drop off duty free to bro and see chum.

Scored some free 21st birthday cake. And, made a plan for other birthdays occurring at the weekend. Now sliced and frozen for himself for lunches. I do not care for cake. there I said it. :o

Picked up some eggs from local village honesty box in my stripey onzie timed perfectly for the school bus drop off/pick up. :D Ah holidays. :rotfl: I do like to keep the village entertained.

Made some bottom of the fridge soup yesterday AM will blitz today, gotta love jet lag.

Himself is loaded with lunch and two bags are emptied. Although in true :money: style we only took two ski bags with clothes packed in them to save extra baggage. #saves120quid #naesportscharges

Grass mowed, flowers picked for a chums birthday, all good things.

Emailed about rescue hens again. :money::j:money::j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you are home safe & sound :)

TS Blooming B I suppose~~still cant get in :mad: Got in very briefly this morning.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27 wrote: »
    Welcome Home stranger! You have been missed!:A

...methinks this means the 'big' BDay is immanent?

:T:T:A:A:D:D:beer::beer::j:j;);):o:o:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:

Indeedy! I've been told I can't keep requesting to go and collect my maple syrup in person. Only on special years.

:A

Missed you all too. This having fun outside stuff, isn't all its cracked up to be. Thankfully I had so much TOIL I have the rest of the month off.

:rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Go you girl with the rest of the month off :)
    Enjoy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

Glad you are home safe & sound :)

TS Blooming B I suppose~~still cant get in :mad: Got in very briefly this morning.

Thank you and aye - prob best I don't log in and find I've been given a huge bank bonus only to have it snatched away.

Waves back. I still can't get in.

Nice to hear Martin on the radio yesterday giving the book of face what for.

Go :money:
    Go you girl with the rest of the month off :)
    Enjoy :)

:D not sure they believed me when I said I'd be back in May. :D

Its been a crazy season so far, so I have decided I shall be at home until May begins.

Hens to organise, garden to tidy, sunshine to lie in a hammock in.

Probably with a woolly hat but that's ok.

:D
  • beanielou
    I currently have no credit card balance :rotfl:
    Long may that continue :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure