Block Paving Quotes

Comments

• Hi,

Just wanted peoples opinion on a block paving driveway I have builders putting in.

The company I am going with have quoted £6,400 for the job. It involves:

- Digging up and removing the existing plants, shrubble and concrete from the front garden.

- Building a 4 meter by 0.8 meter side wall.

- Building a 6 meter by 0.8 meter front wall.

- Fitting the drainage required by law before laying gutter.

- Paving the driveway 40 sq meters in total.

Am I paying over the odds or is this reasonable?
  • Looks reasonable to me.

I am pay £15,000 to have my parents place landscaped - corner plot bungalow.... new fencing 40 meters, driveway, back and side garden.
  • Has anyone come across Eaton paving stone? Landscape gardener has recommended these over Marshalls tegula... he said Marshall are not as good as they use to be and I should give BS Eaton a go, any opinions out there.
  • Wondering what current ratesd are - been quoted £145 /sq m last year.

wendyw wrote: »
    Block paving is over priced i'm jumping for joy as I've just saved loads of money :j by looking at alternatives to Block Paving.

The average block paving price round here which is Petts Wood area of Kent is £65 - £75 per square meter.

I had a concrete driveway and didn't want to pay that much so I looked in to other options which included printed concrete, coloured tarmac etc but the one I eventually stumbled upon was Resin Bonded Surfacing it was a fraction of the price and it looks really smart and massive !!!

My drive is 110sq meters and the block Paving quote was £7150.00 + Disposal costs of the old concrete which they said would be around £500.

The price I paid for Resin Bonded Surface was £2915.00 and there were no disposal costs as they went over the top of the concrete. So I saved a MASSIVE £4235.00 + Disposal :j :j :j and I have a drive that doesn't look like everyone else's !!

I found the company i uesd on google not sure if your allowed to put links on here so I won't but they're easy to find. They were very polite & professional it took them 2 days to install it 1 day preparing the surface & the second laying it.

I hope this helps you all to save lots of pennies.
  • Quite an old thread now so would be interested to hear current approximate rates for block paving a driveway.

Just had a quote for £4.5k to remove gravel and concrete from a 50 sq ft driveway, knock down a wall, create flowerbed/borders with railway sleepers around 2 edges (to include blocking in some mega thick concrete into a raised flowerbed on one side), level out and block pave driveway and extend the drop kerb. He had really good ideas and I was impressed but have no idea if the quote is reasonable or not.

I've contacted 10 companies and only 2 got back to me, this is the first quote. The second guy is coming next week as he's on holiday at the moment (but still got back to me to say this!).
  • What is included in your prices? I work with a big company, I put all kinds of paving stones, slabs, granite and so on. Laying block paving is usually £ 17-20 per square meter (only work). According to the materials do not know, I never bought it.
    Of course there is a difference, the company provides job ever, and my entire team.
  • If you are capable you can put paving blocks in your garden by yourself, just me and my husband work together to install them you can read online guides for help!!
  • Thought I'd comment on older posts for people on Notts who are looking at block paving as you can see I am not a newbie member . I have posted before on moving house and exchange threads so genuine. We had 6 quotes for Marshall block paving to extend our existing driveway onto the front garden making new paving of around 25-30 square metres. Quotes ranged from £4500 to £2000 , all said similar things, had similar recommendations , so we went with the cheapest one and they were LJD paving. They got slated earlier in the post for fake postings and I can't comment on those but I would recommend them . PM me if you want pics. Good luck , we are in the middle of whole house renovation and just getting professionals round to quote is hard enough .
  • Wow that is terrible but there are lots of company's that will do this using hard core sales men to pressure older folk to have something they really don't want or need this is so sad...
  • We used a company called pps-uk-ltd.com, they came resurfaced our driveway with a permeable resin bound paving 7 months ago they charged £50m2, me and the wife are extremely happy with the product and price plus it still looks like new today with just a quick power wash... so thumbs up here..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure