Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here!

Comments

• pjapk
    pjapk Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do most of these others also apply to MOD contractors? I know Blacks/Millets (same company) do as I've shown my "Civillian Contractor" MOD ID but I'm not sure if it's equivalent to a MOD90.

Paul (currently on sick leave from Iraq having had an inconvenient collapsed lung whilst deployed :)
  • Deli_2
    Deli_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    If you going to florida, check out a hotel called Shades of Green. It's a military hotel in Disney which we can use and it includes all Disney passes. it costs about $110 per day for a room. I believe there is one in Hawaii too.

Trust the RAF Aircrew to know al the good places to go:)
  • Am ex military and have visited florida a number of times. Be sure to take your ID. You can get 1 free entry for you and 3 family members to SEAWORLD in any year, by going to the special forces gate to the left of the main entrance.

In addition the US forces have their own hotel on Disney called Shades of Green, they have a recreation office there where they can get discounted tickets. I have used this in the past but it has been a while ago.
    You may be better to just use the internet to see who is the cheapest attraction ticket provider.

Many shops in the US will give military discount on showing a valid id, always ask.

As for the flight, some of the operators offering military discounts still work out dearer. Try using travelsupermarket.com site to compare. Also Travelcitydirect have competitive prices.
    Have a great time
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    rugbyrules wrote: »
    The F1250 is slowly getting fazed out, more jointry crap. If you go for a new card now you'll get a MOD 90.

Best hope i dont get promoted too 2 ranks higher..

erm, no chance of that looking at my SJAR's.. :rotfl:
  • We want to offer a 10% discount to members of the Armed Forces and their families.

You can see our accommodation on www.cadairviewlodge.co.uk

Can someone suggest how we can verify that people who apply for the discount are genuine and not just after a discount?
  • Burtons do discount when you show a MOD90 too.
    Dorothy Perkins did after I told them that too, they are the same company but obviously they don't reckon on women in the forces. ;)

Animal shops do 10-15% I think.

The Dominoes near us doesn't do MOD discount - it must depend on the individual place.

I always just ask, even if they don't do forces discount they sometimes put it through the till with student discount instead - bonus.
    Total Debt: £0 [STRIKE]£33,043[/STRIKE]
    Official DFW Nerd No. 763
    :jDMP start date Aug 2011~DFD Aug 2013 :j
  • Cotswolds outdoor shop does a 10% discount and it increases to 15/20% if you are a member of the RN/RM climbing team (not sure about other services climbing teams):D
  • I would thoroughly recommend Shades of Green - which is a wholly militrary resort on the Disney site. Cost is dependent on rank. Also buy your disney pass at Shades of Green as you get a really good deal.

In all the shops in Florida make sure you ask for Military Discount - Timberland its about 15% lots of stores give it so dont be embarrassed to ask - just have your id card handy

There are several days if you are near a Busch GArdens they have a lot of days where military and families get in free.
  • toshkininny
    toshkininny Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just wondered as I have a friend that is in the T.A. tha I could perhaps pass all this info on to.
  • clarkey1000
    clarkey1000 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ask them to show their ID when they check in.

If they can't then make them pay the 10% they saved when booking!
    Feb 14 GC - £89.37/£300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport