Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 December 2016 at 4:29PM
    My advice is, that despite their fancy website, avoid this company. I have just had a 45 minute wait on the telephone to sort out an e-mail request for a gas meter reading on transfer which asked me to roll back the clock to the 27th December 2015. Iresa admit that a number off customers were sent a meter reading request with this erroneous date. They suggested that everything would have been alright had I responded to their request for a monthly meter reading. I pointed out that I wasn't on supply with them on the 30th November.

In my view, they are struggling to cope.

PS. It would seem that their excuse now is that my supply is via an IGT and it isn't an automated process. I acknowledge that industry procedures are at best Third World but IGT transfers are the same for all suppliers. Those that do not have the resources to cope do not offer IGT supply transfers
  • System
    I usually follow the savings when it comes to choosing a supplier(s); however, I am beginning to regret moving to this Company. Today, this banner has appeared on my account page:

November bill is being generated

Your Energy Bill is being generated and will be available online on Wednesday 14th December, 2016.
    To check out your payments and charges, click on transactions.

Two points: Iresa wasn't may supplier in November and today is the 16th. The banner wasn't there yesterday.

My gas account is still showing a fixed term from the 27th December 2015 to the 27th December 2016 despite the fact that Zog was my supplier up until the 5th December. Given Iresa's performance to date, I am surprised that their IT system hasn't sent me a message telling me that my fixed price contract is coming to an end.

Needless to say, I will be monitoring my bills very, very closely.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 December 2016 at 10:35PM
    Switch to Iresa for electric has gone fine for us so far. I was asked for an electric meter reading on 20th; provided it same day and it appeared in the on-line account the next day with the account transactions updated to reflect use & cost. All correct.
    Second DD payment taken yesterday and shown in account today. All seems to be working fine so far. :)
  • My gas and electric went over a month ago. I have given several meter readings for both gas and electric. But I have noticed the electric meter readings are not showing in the online account. There is nothing there, not even the opening readings. The gas ones are there. Somethings up. Arrggh

I have tried to contact Iresa via the online help but never get a reply.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 December 2016 at 10:59AM
    Anyone had a gas bill from them ? What Calorific Value did they use ? There is something on their website that is interesting me a little so would like to know.
  • System
    molerat wrote: »
    Anyone had a gas bill from them ? What Calorific Value did they use ? There is something on their website that is interesting me a little so would like to know.

It's in their FAQ section:

Suppliers are required to maintain a calorific value between a legal limit of 38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3 (see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-meter-readings-and-bill-calculation). We use a calorific value of 40.3841MJ/m3
  • molerat
    edited 29 December 2016 at 10:13PM
    I know that which is why I am asking about a real bill. If that is the figure used they are in breach of the SLC on 2 counts.
  • System
    molerat wrote: »
    I know that which is why I am asking about a real bill. If that is the figure used they are in breach of the SLC on 2 counts.

How so - at face value, they seem to be in accord with the stated parameters?
  • molerat
    edited 18 January 2017 at 10:25AM
    1. The CV used must be the average of the daily figure supplied by NG for the supply region over the billing period, an "industry standard" fixed figure is not to be used.

2. The figure used is to be that average figure, not rounded and to 1 decimal place.

If that figure happened to be the average they must bill at 40.3.

Many new start ups have been caught out on those points.
  • System
    Eight weeks since first applying to switch, I have finally got Iresa to agree to opening readings which both my previous suppliers had accepted from me in advance*, and for which they have raised Final Bills.

Iresa has tried to play the IGT card for gas but could offer no explanation as to why it has taken them two weeks to pass on my adjudicated electricity reading. As the gaining supplier is supposed to manage all aspects of the switch, I have suggested to Ofgem that Iresa is struggling to comply with SLC14A - Transfer of Supply.

* I provide my suppliers with weekly meter readings, so agreeing closing readings which would fall within industry dispute guidelines on transfer didn't give them a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure