A life saver!

Options
I wish I had had this book 6 years ago when I was floundering in debt and burying my head in the sand! it's amazing.

But I bought it anyway because even though I consider myself to be quite money savvy I was quite interested in whether I could save any more of the good stuff. Money savvy! Hah! Within hours of buying the book I was starring at the outgoings spreadsheet in dismay. My boyfriend and I put a lot away each month but there was hundreds of pounds going out that could have been going into savings.

Some handy reworkings of our mortgage insurance has left us £190 pounds a year richer to start. Instead of buying a bus pass and getting random lifts from Rob (my bloke), therefore increasing travel costs, we worked out a schedule - one week on the bus, one week getting lifts. £30 a month saved. Over £100 a year by switching energy supplier. £60 a year by cutting my mobile usage by £5 a month. The list went on and on.

The scariest thing of all is we don't go out much - a couple of trips to the cinema, eating out once a month or so, theatre every so often and we don't drink or smoke but we had £250 a month in miscellaneous. What for? DVDs and books were both in separate columns as were our trips out. We really didn't know where that money was going but it was scary. It could be an extra holiday or a new TV or money off the mortgage.

Anyway, all I can say is this is one book that is worth having and already people are asking to borrow it. Of course, I'm spreading the word but I think they'll want their own copy soon enough.

Martin Lewis is a genius.

Donna :)
micheal5kr.gif

Comments

• chalky607
    Options
    I subscribed to Martin's list ages ago now, and the 18866 phone deal info alone was more than worth the price of the book!

Martin was wrong however, 18866 inland prices fell by 50% and were not raised as he (and I) prophesied.

Good work Martin Sir, and always interesting

Regards.
    john

;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business