Approved food discussion thread

Comments

• tricki1
    tricki1 Posts: 103 Forumite
    World Harvest Cous Cous Tomato
    Ingredients Dried cous sous 80% (from Wheat), Tomato powder 6%,salt,Vegetable oil,yeast extract,sugar,dried onion,dried black olives,dried herbs,flavourings,Hydrolysed vegetable protein (contains soya),colour(paprika extract), dried garlic, citric acid,Hydrogenated vegetable oil
    Suitable for vegetarians, low in fat
    Allergy advice: contains Wheat and Soya
    (had to type that out by hand, thankfully the web provides most or my fingers would wear out :) )

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to continue as busy for rest of day - not got round to the soups etc yet and if as Dan said there have been items held back and going to be available to order soon they need doing, but not time now, so if someone could do the honours would be nice ;)

Edit: Bah had a bit of bad news so will have to put this on hold till sorted out. Haven't even had chance to try the food so can't even give a review. I'll continue where I left off when I get back.
  • Mrembo
    Mrembo Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone tried the Turkish honey?
    http://www.approvedfood.co.uk/asal---turkish-flower-honey---420g-jar-1341-p.asp
    Is it set honey or runny?
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    the weight watchers soup - chicken noodle is quite nice, but as i do not need to loose weight or diet at all i had it with two nice fat slices of buttered toast :)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Sarah, of course it was nice with 2 pieces of buttered toast! On it's own it's pretty lame:p
  • I'm not sure if anyone has reported about the flapjacks? Anyway I think they are truly awful, don't waste your time ordering any as they are vile ;)
  • rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mrembo wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Turkish honey?
    http://www.approvedfood.co.uk/asal---turkish-flower-honey---420g-jar-1341-p.asp
    Is it set honey or runny?

not tried it but going on the colour, it's the same as the set ones I've had before - the runny one's normally darker and much less opaque.
  • wookie_2
    wookie_2 Posts: 781 Forumite
    I'm not sure if anyone has reported about the flapjacks? Anyway I think they are truly awful, don't waste your time ordering any as they are vile ;)

Not so sure about that, myself and the boys love them. Very nice washed down with a cuppa.
    Although i think its all down to indivdual taste. The yogart bars ( balisto bars ) are nice as well. Must order more.
  • wookie wrote: »
    Not so sure about that, myself and the boys love them. Very nice washed down with a cuppa.
    Although i think its all down to indivdual taste. The yogart bars ( balisto bars ) are nice as well. Must order more.

I think Cruella was being sarcastic :rolleyes:

They are lovely and cost more than a £1 each where I work so I ordered some on the 22nd - just hope they arrive!
  • Mrembo
    Mrembo Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I will try and not order the balisto bars.The last time i ordered them i ate them all alone in 2days.They were that nice and addictive.
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    There is space on the website for people to add their reviews about each product - it would be good if people added their reviews to the website too for those who don't frequent MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure