Present for my Brother

Options
Evening all

My little Brother has just passed his selection and should be joining the Royal Engineers asap. It is his 21st in October and I would like to get him something memorable but also useful.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be. I have thought of a watch but is there something else that someone serving cannot live without or suvive with the MOD issued one?

Thank you
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

Comments

• helliecopter_2
    Options
    hey dime

I know my hubby couldn't live without his Gerber multi-tool ,as it goes everywhere on his belt. Not sure if you've seen them but they're like the swiss army knives. I'm sure it'll be something he'll use throughout his life and think of you whenever he uses it.

Hellie
    LMB 01/03/08£9001.61 £10/6 6089.70 - 32%paid off!
    Grocery Challenge 25/6 to 24/7 €350 week1 €30-46 / €87-50

• kyh
    kyh Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    I would say the same as Hellie but was going to suggest Leatherman not Gerber
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    I would agree with helliecopter and kyh but am with hellie on Gerber! D x
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    Mini maglite with the belt attachment, wind up torch/radio.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Subscription to Razzle will keep him going until he gets some leave!
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Options
    ... camera (if he doesn't already have one). He is allowed one in MOD - and can capture everything, and send pics of himself home!
  • misty4798
    misty4798 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, my hubby doesn't ever go to work or on exercise/course without his Leatherman.

Also if you wanted to get your brother a personal thing as well, these always go down well - http://www.7-62.com/start.asp

I got my hubby his when he passed his training, and my dad's when he went to Iraq. They both loved them, I think it's a man thing lol.

Hope this helps!

Misty
  • Dime_Bar
    Dime_Bar Posts: 584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cool will have a look at all your suggestions
    The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    Arthur C. Clarke
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport