Credit card balance transfer - can i do it twice from same account?

Options
i have just gotten a tesco "all round" credit card they call it that i think - its 0% purchase and balance for 15 months. whilst i got the upper end of their APR (26%). this is way better than the 39.95% from vanquis (limit slowly changed over time to 2.2k), which was the only one i could get after a BR / bad credit ratings. so the fact tesco gave me this is good i think.

so i transferred 700 from them to the tesco, and changed all my online accounts over etc and then plan to close the vanquis (is this a good idea or is it worth keeping it / will closing it be seen as a bad thing on files?)

i then noticed that about 100 of pending was left on the vanquis..

i still have loads of BT "room" (limit of 3.3k) on the new tesco, can i do another BT from vanquis to this, or can it only be done once?
yes i am aware i will get charged another BT fee.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can do as many BTs as you want within the limit and the promo window.

Whether you keep the Vanquis card depends on how many other card and limits you have, in comparison to your income.
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thanks, i wasnt sure if i could because the cards had been used together to BT one against the other

and i've never come across it on this forums before.

tbf i have learnt better management and only twice incurred interest since BR / the bad builder card. but the, times was kind of planned.

i looked on the off chance, as vanquis, have been asking me to verify some pretty standard transactions lately (in fact every month, netflix, amazon etc all small amounts), and they seem a hassle customer service wise but i was stuck with them giving situ.

and i have a planned purchase of a new PC in the new year, so i told vanquis this, and they said they couldnt up my limit (itll be a very good spec, so i wanted the card for protection even though i have 70% of the money to pay it off up front) because i'd need to utilise it for 80-90% of the limit for 3 months, i simply dont do this even if i bought everything i spend in a month on it! that seemed a high amount, when usually i use 400 ish a month max and pay off in full. which is around a quarter of the limits.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    If you have 70% of the money saved up to buy this high spec new PC it really raises the question of why you were paying 39.95% APR interest on a Vanquis card balance of £700 which you have now paid a fee to transfer to the new Tesco card even though you go on in your later post to say that you usually spend only £400 per-month and repay in full, which is unlikely as you refer to paying interest..
    When you get your new PC see if you can find one with a keyboard that has a £ sign.
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i have paid interest a few times, not reguarly.

and i moved to tesco as vanquis cs was dreadful. constantly having to text back on transactions and then companies saying they couldnt take payment, coz of V.

yea your right, i paid a few quid to BT. probably could of saved that but hey ho. the above average spend / balance on the old card is xmas spends. i just wanted the NY to have it all on one card, so the BT fee is no biggy for me. albeit less MSE i know. old card will be closed.

PC will be roughly 1.5-£2.5k, but will be earning it's keep, old pc is still good to sell, although i always remove HDD and physically destroy so i sell them on as needing one / spares / 90% finished). and most of the cash is there to pay for it, when the CC bill is in (for the protection of it). the rest will be 0% and cleared before that ends (already in the diary). or i will just pay the minimums or say a flat amount every month, and put the payments into an interest earner till the ending of the 0% offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure