Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Clothes for mental health units.

I have lost quite a bit of weight recently and I have a lot of good condition clothes (bigger sizes, practical day to clothes, trousers, jumpers etc) to get rid of. Normally I would just donate things to a local charity shop but I seem to recall seeing an appeal from a charity (can’t remember which) asking people to donate clothes for mental health units that they pass on to patients who come in with nothing and that I would very much like to support.

Does anyone recall anything like that? I have googled but not sure of the way to word it so I have had little success! I called the local psychiatric unit and they couldn’t help me. So thought I would reach out here for help. If it makes any difference I’m in Devon. I have read about donating clothes to homeless shelters and woman’s refuges but would like to go down the mental health route first.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport