Viagogo... help please!

Options
Firstly, I am stupid for not reading reviews or researching beforehand. I first tried to sell a ticket for wireless festival which is being held on 5th of July that I can no longer attend on stubhub but they clearly stated that the deadline for posting the ticket is 28th of June 2019, this is the same date that I am due to receive my ticket so I thought let’s not risk it incase I don’t make that deadline. I found viagogo and I clearly read all the FAQ and terms and conditions where I understood that as long as the customer receives their ticket on time and gets into the event then I will be paid so I thought that’s fair and went ahead and placed the ticket on sale. It was not AFTER the ticket sold, I got an email telling me I need to post the ticket by 25th of June (10 days before the event) and that if I don’t I will be charged for replacement tickets. I feel like I have been lied to and obligatory information was not provided for me when I agreed to sell the tickets. I have contacted viagogo and they cannot extend the deadline date and are telling me they have to charge me for replacement tickets and cancellation fees now. I did not agree to these terms and obviously wish to not pay these fees. Is there anything I can do or do Viagogo have all the rights in this situation?

Comments

• nat_dooley
    Options
    Has this matter been resolved? I have a similar problem with them now. I have a thread in the consumer rights section.
  • Karen195663
    Options
    Yes they do but complain to the Competitions and Marketing Authority and Which? Legal team may be able to help you have to pay £29 and £9 monthly but can cancel once you get the advice

The more people who highlight the bad practices the better chance of getting something done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure