Budget - tougher for DLA claimants

Options

Comments

• Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    No genuine claimants need fear a medical; it's unimaginable that we have a system that allows people to claim any kind of disability benefit without one.

DLA has nothing to do with being able to work; many employed people claim DLA anyway.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No genuine claimants need fear a medical; it's unimaginable that we have a system that allows people to claim any kind of disability benefit without one.

I agree. It would make more sense for people to have a DLA medical.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • snoopy89
    snoopy89 Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    people like your next door neighbour should lose it and be made to pay back 10 times what she has stolan if its true, i cant stand people who think its fine to take the !!!! out of the disabled its hard enough with out that.
  • wardie2437
    wardie2437 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Does the Chancellor indicate where the money comes from to pay a company/doctors/GP? for everyone on DLA take having to take a medical. Surely this money could be put to better use?
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    it seems good but as a lot of people have siad i fear those who have a mental illness will get a raw deal my partner for instance she has depression and schizophrnia but whenever folk ask he how she is she just says im fine and on some days she as happy as an ox other days its really hard
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • snoopy89
    Options
    they must have a honers degree to to able to tick a box on your behalf as well. should be worth 500 quid a week. hay i could do that from home if they paid me.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    A lot of us have had to go through medicals already. It's just another hoop to jump through so they can tick a box and shove you in a filing cabinet.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    A lot of us have had to go through medicals already. It's just another hoop to jump through so they can tick a box and shove you in a filing cabinet.

But it'll be better for people like me - I once got told by medical servicesthat I shouldn't have the problems I do. Ask anyone with the same condition whether they have the same issue - the majority will say yes.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • snoopy89
    Options
    yes but they should stop hunding the ones they know are ok.:o not give us crap every time someone wants to bash us.
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    There is a great deal of scaremongering on this thread.

Those who are unfit for work will not be made to work. There have been no changes made to ESA or IB today.

No one has any evidence that DLA will be any more difficult to claim than it is now.

People would worry a lot less if they actually checked their facts, rather than just making wild assumptions.

Well said, i will be happy if i am alive in 2013.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport