Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 21st Sep 19, 12:55 AM
    • 6,575Posts
    • 10,446Thanks
    scubaangel
    Self Store Insurance
    • 21st Sep 19, 12:55 AM
    Self Store Insurance 21st Sep 19 at 12:55 AM
    Can anyone recommend a self store insurance?

I'm moving in with my partner and need to get insurance to cover a storage unit we're using to keep my furniture and anything which doesnt need to be in his/our flat initially.

The storage place requires proof of an insurance policy to cover the stuff we're keeping there, his contents insurance won't cover it, although hes planning to call tomorrow to see if it can be added. I'm also going to check the size of unit we're renting some time this week so will ask while I'm there.

But in the meantime I've been looking for where to buy a policy and struggling - all the main storage co's locally say you need it but none can (or possibly are allowed to) recommend anywhere on their sites.
    Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 21st Sep 19, 3:31 AM
    • 6,509 Posts
    • 4,401 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 21st Sep 19, 3:31 AM
    • 21st Sep 19, 3:31 AM
    Quick google comes up with a few results

https://www.google.com/search?q=storage+insurance+uk&sourceid=ie7&rls=com .microsoft:en-GB:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=#spf=1569036641350
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 24th Sep 19, 2:15 AM
    • 6,575 Posts
    • 10,446 Thanks
    scubaangel
    • 24th Sep 19, 2:15 AM
    • 24th Sep 19, 2:15 AM
    Yup, and I've googled, which is why I'm also looking for recommendations, since I'm not familiar with most of the companies I can find on google.
    Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
    • sal_III
    • By sal_III 24th Sep 19, 8:29 AM
    • 1,395 Posts
    • 1,345 Thanks
    sal_III
    • 24th Sep 19, 8:29 AM
    • 24th Sep 19, 8:29 AM
    Yup, and I've googled, which is why I'm also looking for recommendations, since I'm not familiar with most of the companies I can find on google.
    Originally posted by scubaangel
    I have never used one, so can't recommend from experience, but personally I would go for the cheapest, the main difference between insurers is when it comes to payout. The chances of having to claim are very slim. Just don't keep valuables in there, no one will break in to steal furniture, so your main concern would be flood/fire etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,504Users online

Martin's Twitter