Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Poor Princess Sarah
    • By Poor Princess Sarah 20th Sep 19, 2:44 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Poor Princess Sarah
    0 WOW
    To exchange or not to exchange
    • 20th Sep 19, 2:44 PM
    0 WOW
    To exchange or not to exchange 20th Sep 19 at 2:44 PM
    Hi all,

In Jan 2020 Iím off travelling with my partner, we both have circa £9000 each saved.

We plan to do Singapore, Aus, NZ, Fiji, Thailand, Cambodia, Bali, Vietnam, South Korea, Laos... not in that order!

With our savings currently in £, saved across Nationwideís FlexPlus regular saver and Marcus, our question now is should we change some money up pre Oct 31st and a possible £ crash?!

My partner was in the US when Brexit vote was announced, the day before the £ climbed but obviously the day of the announcement the £ tanked and his money suddenly was worth so much less. We canít really afford for our combined £18k savings to drastically drop so much so should we be looking to change the money into another currency and if so what? Some people have recommended changing half into $ and I have a Revolut account I could do this on.

Whatís the general consensus, stick or twist?
Page 1
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 20th Sep 19, 3:32 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 1,035 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 20th Sep 19, 3:32 PM
    • 20th Sep 19, 3:32 PM
    You need someone with a crystal ball to answer this,what happens if you change your sterling and the next day the £ goes thru the roof,take a card that charges no fees and not stirling.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,621Posts Today

6,551Users online

Martin's Twitter