Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JordanC09
    • By JordanC09 19th Sep 19, 9:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JordanC09
    Help RE Pre Existing Medical Condition + Over 70s Travel
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:43 PM
    Help RE Pre Existing Medical Condition + Over 70s Travel 19th Sep 19 at 9:43 PM
    Hi,

Hoping somebody can anybody advise, I've got an older family member who is going to US shortly for six weeks visiting family. Having assisted with quotes for 70+ and Pre Existing Medical conditions the quotes are higher than I expected (£300-400) having used all well known price comparisons sites i'm considering splitting the trip over two separate insurance companies for 3 weeks each (ensuring there isn't a gap within the trip) does anybody know if this is something that is legal?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • lurkylurky
    • By lurkylurky 20th Sep 19, 3:26 AM
    • 433 Posts
    • 296 Thanks
    lurkylurky
    • 20th Sep 19, 3:26 AM
    • 20th Sep 19, 3:26 AM
    I think you will struggle.

Towergate Insurance says: If you've forgotten to purchase cover prior to your trip don’t worry, we can provide travel insurance while abroad as long as you haven’t been out of the country for more than 17 days, and you haven’t purchased another travel insurance policy for the first part of your trip. We’ll be able to give you the peace of mind you need for up to 31 days from inception.

Staysure’s Eligibility Checker says journey must start and end in the UK.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think £300-£400 too bad for 6 weeks.
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 20th Sep 19, 9:47 AM
    • 25,441 Posts
    • 13,644 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 20th Sep 19, 9:47 AM
    • 20th Sep 19, 9:47 AM
    I don’t think that price is bad considering the age and the costs of American health cover which is know to be expensive.
    • Redredrobin
    • By Redredrobin 23rd Sep 19, 8:36 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Redredrobin
    • 23rd Sep 19, 8:36 AM
    • 23rd Sep 19, 8:36 AM
    I think you will struggle.

Towergate Insurance says: If you've forgotten to purchase cover prior to your trip donít worry, we can provide travel insurance while abroad as long as you havenít been out of the country for more than 17 days, and you havenít purchased another travel insurance policy for the first part of your trip. Weíll be able to give you the peace of mind you need for up to 31 days from inception.

Staysureís Eligibility Checker says journey must start and end in the UK.

For what itís worth, I donít think £300-£400 too bad for 6 weeks.
    Originally posted by lurkylurky

AVOID Towergate , my parents have used them for years but 7 weeks before this years holiday my dads appendix had to be removed .They canceled both their travel insurance as deemed him not fit to travel even though the medical staff said otherwise .

They only refunded 50% of the premium .
    Finally Debt free June 2019

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

302Posts Today

4,824Users online

Martin's Twitter