Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AksarBhai
    • By AksarBhai 19th Sep 19, 3:15 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AksarBhai
    On familys insurance, have question about getting my own.
    • 19th Sep 19, 3:15 PM
    On familys insurance, have question about getting my own. 19th Sep 19 at 3:15 PM
    Hi I don't know what I'm doing

I'm 22 (USA), and currently on my family's healthcare plan which does not include dental. We do not have dental insurance as far as I am aware. I am looking into getting dental insurance because I want to start taking better care of my teeth including more regular check ups. That, and I can feel my wisdom teeth growing in and I'm worried about issues with that.

Anyway. My question is, if I get my own dental plan, would it prevent me from using my parent's healthcare plan by kicking me off of it? I want to stay on my family's plan as long as I can, especially as it pays all of my medications and takes a decent chunk out of my regular doctors appointments.
Page 1
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 19th Sep 19, 3:33 PM
    • 5,298 Posts
    • 5,160 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 19th Sep 19, 3:33 PM
    This is a UK site.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 19th Sep 19, 3:33 PM
    • 12,388 Posts
    • 8,072 Thanks
    Caz3121
    this is a UK forum. You would be best looking for a USA forum if you are in the US
    • AksarBhai
    • By AksarBhai 21st Sep 19, 4:10 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AksarBhai
    • 21st Sep 19, 4:10 AM
    • 21st Sep 19, 4:10 AM
    Hi I don't know what I'm doing

I'm 22 (USA), and currently on my family's healthcare plan which does not include dental. We do not have dental insurance as far as I am aware. I am looking into getting dental insurance because I want to start taking better care of my teeth including more regular check ups. That, and I can feel my wisdom teeth growing in and I'm worried about issues with that.

Anyway. My question is, if I get my own dental plan, would it prevent me from using my parent's healthcare plan by kicking me off of it? I want to stay on my family's plan as long as I can, especially as it pays all of my medications and takes a decent chunk out of my regular doctors appointments.

my issue got solved!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

881Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter