Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mansars
    Translink/NI Railways
    • 19th Oct 12, 3:59 PM
    Translink/NI Railways 19th Oct 12 at 3:59 PM
    I thought Id put up a few thigs for those in NI.

If your buying a day return get yourself a iLink Zone card, they are generally 10% cheaper and you can use them on all forms of transport, rather just the train....which comes in handy when the trains are cancelled due to a spot of rain.....I got the bus home instead.

If you have a Smart phone they have the iLink app which is fairly handy, especially, if like me you get on at an unmanned sation....as they dont take cards on the trains!!!

Now that they have Free Wifi you would have thought that they would be able ot take cards on the train!!!!
Page 1
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 21st Oct 12, 9:54 PM
    • 3,020 Posts
    • 1,492 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    • 21st Oct 12, 9:54 PM
    • 21st Oct 12, 9:54 PM
    Now that they have Free Wifi you would have thought that they would be able ot take cards on the train!!!!
    Originally posted by mansars
    As far as I understand it, Translink are due to upgrade their ticketing systems in the next couple of years, so I don't know if this will bring card payments, but it would certainly be good if it does! Nor do I know if it will be just the buses, or if the trains will be getting the upgrade too.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
    • almillar
    • By almillar 22nd Oct 12, 12:48 PM
    • 8,098 Posts
    • 3,351 Thanks
    almillar
    • 22nd Oct 12, 12:48 PM
    • 22nd Oct 12, 12:48 PM
    As well as the iLink app, there's also mLink, which lets you buy a 'ticket' and display it on your smartphone screen. Beats queuing every month (or week) for a ticket.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,940Posts Today

4,453Users online

Martin's Twitter