Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Polly Doodle
    Kensington Mortgages - PPI
    • 24th Aug 11, 8:07 AM
    Kensington Mortgages - PPI 24th Aug 11 at 8:07 AM
    I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. My Husband and I made an application for a mortgage with The Mortgage Lender (TML) who then arrange for us to have a mortgage with Kensington Mortgages. On top of what we wanted to borrow, they added £1800 for PPI. As the mortgage was repaid my husband and I wrote to Kensington to get a copy of our file as we were not sure whether it had been added or not. As it was, we then sent a form to reclaim the PPI. Kensington have now written back to us and said that as the mortgage was taken out with a broker it was not sold by Kensington Mortgages. Now this amount was added to our mortgage and the monthly payment made to Kensington so we were paying interest on it. They have told me to go back to TML or if they are no longer operating (as if they didnt know they had ceased trading,) to contact the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Are they rightt o tell me to do this of are they fobbing me off.

TML was I believe taken over by I think Resolve and guess what I tried phoning their number on the website and they no longer exist. Talk about take your money and run.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as we do not know what to do next. Kensington have actually confirmed there was PPI on the mortgage.
Page 3
    • CarlosP
    • By CarlosP 23rd Aug 19, 9:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CarlosP
    Recording Conversations
    Getting hung up on the legality of recording a conversation is simply a pointless distraction. Iíve presented recordings in court a number of times in the last decade and the court has ruled them admissible and allowed them to be played, despite the other partyís objection. There are test cases that have gone through high courts where it has been decided that recording conversations (as long as you are one of the parties) and giving it to a third party such as a court or the police is totally lawful and NATURAL JUSTICE. I run a Facebook group which is all about recording people and using the evidence in court in Domestic Violence situations and despite the misconceptions, many parents have now got custody of and access to their children because they recorded all of their interactions with their ex-partner, social services and CAFCASS and used the evidence in court without the other partyís permission. Amateur lawyering isnít the way. I worked in the legal system for 11 years after studying it and have been in all kinds of courts as both a witness and representing others.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 23rd Aug 19, 10:24 AM
    • 24,786 Posts
    • 14,313 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I run a Facebook group which is all about recording people and using the evidence in court in Domestic Violence situations
    Originally posted by CarlosP
    That's very different to introducing a recording of a sales conversation into a civil court case of course.

The question I have to ask, though not entirely seriously, is why you actually went to all the trouble of recording this conversation in the first place? If you suspected that you were being misled, why not simply refuse to do further business with them?

No one forced you to sign the documents agreeing to the mortgage, PPI and interest rate did they?

Regardless, I doubt your call for a "class action lawsuit" will garner much support here. This thread originates from 2011 and therefore many of the respondents, at the time and since, have not logged on here for many years.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,179Posts Today

8,625Users online

Martin's Twitter