Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RonoB
    • By RonoB 21st Sep 19, 9:32 AM
    • 38Posts
    • 22Thanks
    RonoB
    0 WOW
    Thomas cook if goes bust how long does it take to get money back
    • 21st Sep 19, 9:32 AM
    0 WOW
    Thomas cook if goes bust how long does it take to get money back 21st Sep 19 at 9:32 AM
    Hi. Like lots of others were stuck in a hard place. Due to go away in a few weeks with Thomas cook. Paid majority direct debit but paid £400 on credit card.
    Obviously I canít book anything else in case all is well but if all goes wrong (which I hope not) how long does it take to get a refund through section 75 covered by credit card protection?
    I really do feel for so many people. Staff losing jobs. Holidays of a lifetime. Between this and BA Its not good.
Page 1
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 21st Sep 19, 9:44 AM
    • 3,357 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 21st Sep 19, 9:44 AM
    • 21st Sep 19, 9:44 AM
    There is no simple answer to your question. It depends on who issued your card and how many claims they have. In the past US-based cards, Capital and MBNA for example, seemed to be slower, but that is based on comments here. Some require a confirmation from the CAA if it was a package holiday, and the CAA sometimes drafts a letter you can download from their website, some take claims over the phone, some want you to fill in detailed forms and send receipts and confirmations. The only answer I can give is 'it depends' One possibility might be to ask for an increase in your credit limit pending settlement?
    • RonoB
    • By RonoB 21st Sep 19, 10:12 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    RonoB
    • 21st Sep 19, 10:12 AM
    • 21st Sep 19, 10:12 AM
    Hi. I have funds to book something else just can’t wait 6 months for a refund etc. The other problem is the prices have really shot up. I’m going school October break so you need to book in advance to get a decent price. So disappointing but what can we do.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 21st Sep 19, 10:21 AM
    • 3,357 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 21st Sep 19, 10:21 AM
    • 21st Sep 19, 10:21 AM
    It shouldn't be 6 months, some were credited within 28 days, some took considerably longer. It is at times like these that you see which are the right and the wrong cards to hold
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

3,349Users online

Martin's Twitter