Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Terri78
    • By Terri78 20th Sep 19, 8:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Terri78
    Previous pensions
    • 20th Sep 19, 8:28 PM
    Previous pensions 20th Sep 19 at 8:28 PM
    Hi me and my husband want to find our pensions that we have paid into in our previous jobs.
    What is the best company's that are more helpful and maybe free aswell? I've googled it but it's a minefield, there is so many out there.
    Thanks Terri
Page 1
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 20th Sep 19, 8:30 PM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Marcon
    • 20th Sep 19, 8:30 PM
    • 20th Sep 19, 8:30 PM
    Only one you need to know about: https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details

It's free.

Have you actually contacted your previous employers (or at least the ones you can remember/are still in existence) to enquire about your any pension you might still have?
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 20th Sep 19, 8:34 PM
    • 15,944 Posts
    • 19,158 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 20th Sep 19, 8:34 PM
    • 20th Sep 19, 8:34 PM
    Hi me and my husband want to find our pensions that we have paid into in our previous jobs.
    What is the best company's that are more helpful and maybe free aswell? I've googled it but it's a minefield, there is so many out there.
    Thanks Terri
    Originally posted by Terri78

yep and they are all charging you for something you can do yourself and dont need a company for, just like PPI, bank overcharges, passport applications, married tax reclaim/transfer and pretty much any other bureaucratic process.
    Please dont criticise my spelling. It's excellent. Its my typing that's bad.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 20th Sep 19, 9:14 PM
    • 31,357 Posts
    • 19,433 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 20th Sep 19, 9:14 PM
    • 20th Sep 19, 9:14 PM
    Have you both obtained state pension forecasts?

https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,730Users online

Martin's Twitter