Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ryan WWWMini
    • By Ryan WWWMini 20th Sep 19, 1:08 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ryan WWWMini
    Car Insurance Advice
    • 20th Sep 19, 1:08 PM
    Car Insurance Advice 20th Sep 19 at 1:08 PM
    Hi all
    I'm hoping you can offer some advice. My son was involved in a car accident 2 months ago, he reported it on the day all above board etc. His renewal was due 10 days or so later to which he received a renewal offer about a week after the crash. He contacted the insurance to check it was all ok based on the fact he'd had the crash the previous week and was told yes it was all taken in to account. So he accepted the quote and paid in full.
    Today he has been contacted by the insurer and told the other party had made a claim against him and they'd paid out. This was the 1st he had even heard the other person had claimed. Hed been told nothing and not been asked for his version of events etc or been asked about witnesses he has etc. Now they are telling him because the crash was before the renewal and they've paid out his no claims bonus doesn't count and his insurance has been increased by 1730!
    He doesn't believe he was at fault which I wont go in to here but even if it was proven to be his fault the repair on the other car was listed as 1600 total again which he wasn't offered the option to pay so he could retain his no claims discount etc?
    I've never encountered such a practice by an insurance company before but it doesn't seem ligit to me the way they have gone about the whole thing and I'm concerned that they are just bullying him as hes a young driver?
    Any help or advice would be very much appreciated
    Ryan
Page 1
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 20th Sep 19, 2:33 PM
    • 25,441 Posts
    • 13,643 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 20th Sep 19, 2:33 PM
    • 20th Sep 19, 2:33 PM
    He should start a formal comparing ASAP.
    Make sure it’s following the formal route.
    He should find the details in his paperwork or on their website.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,402Posts Today

7,213Users online

Martin's Twitter