Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • king132
    • By king132 19th Sep 19, 11:21 AM
    • 74Posts
    • 19Thanks
    king132
    Car Multi Policy Query
    • 19th Sep 19, 11:21 AM
    Car Multi Policy Query 19th Sep 19 at 11:21 AM
    I have my own car and have just purchased a second hand one for the missus. I have 9 years NCD, Missus was named driver on my previous policy so she has 0 NCD.

Having a bit of a ball ache trying to find a reasonable multi car policy for both of us. Having quotes of over 2k with her as the policyholder on either car! having previously paid 700 for both of us on my car.

The car we just bought (for her) is worth more than mine so i have had quotes where I put myself as the policyholder on it with my 9 years NCD and her as a named driver. Then on my car I've put just myself as the policyholder with 0 NCD on it. This is the cheapest quote i've been able to get.

I'm obviously using my NCD to offset the high cost of insuring her on the new car we have purchased. But she is the log book driver, would this be a problem?

Also with me being the policyholder on both cars - she's not able to build up any NCD herself!

there's gotta be a better way to do this? any suggestions?
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 19th Sep 19, 1:15 PM
    • 2,372 Posts
    • 2,801 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 19th Sep 19, 1:15 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 1:15 PM
    Why did you go with a multicar policy instead of shopping around for two policies, you with your wife as ND on yours and your wife with you as ND on hers?
    • marlot
    • By marlot 19th Sep 19, 1:23 PM
    • 4,014 Posts
    • 3,161 Thanks
    marlot
    • 19th Sep 19, 1:23 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 1:23 PM
    Ring your existing insurance company - mine gave me a good deal when I bought a second car - essentially duplicating the NCD.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

142Posts Today

2,488Users online

Martin's Twitter