Glasses not Right

2»

Comments

• I will certainly stick with what I know even if I have to wait for suitable frames to come into stock.

Worthwhile remembering about Vision Express and their no quibble policy, just in case in the future. Thank you
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I found VE very expensive for what I asked for, I went to Asda as they had 2 pairs for £120 when VE were wanting nearly £300.
  • I actually prefer Asda, reasonable prices and they have them to fit me perfectly. Never had a problem with lenses either.

Never again will I use Boots although to be fair it might only be the people at the branch I used that take the measurements are not really up to scratch. On saying that the initial problem must have been the lab that manufactured and fitted the lenses compounded with poor measurements taken in the shop.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    My husband got new specs from out usual, local optician but he could see double in the distance through them.

He had never had a problem with them before and it turned out the lab had changed the type of lenses they used and these new type did not work for him.

They replaced the specs free of charge and the new ones were perfect.
  • Good result for you then without the hassle I had.
    Suspect by me using Resolver and being able to take the complaint higher worked because initially I could not get past Customer Services.

Took them back yesterday and I wasn't kept waiting for the full refund, no doubt they couldn't get me out of the shop fast enough.
    I was sorely tempted to say something to clients waiting but of course that would not have been ethical.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Pennypooch wrote: »
    Good result for you then without the hassle I had.

The benefit is using a local optician who knows you byname and cares about customer service.

The same staff have been there for years and all customers are made to feel welcome .
  • sheramber wrote: »
    The benefit is using a local optician who knows you byname and cares about customer service.

The same staff have been there for years and all customers are made to feel welcome .

Unfortunately we only have chains near us or I would use a local one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure