Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dozdoz
    • By Dozdoz 18th Aug 19, 8:11 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dozdoz
    Any advice regarding virgin mobile bill fraud/dispute
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:11 AM
    Any advice regarding virgin mobile bill fraud/dispute 18th Aug 19 at 8:11 AM
    Hi

Been with virgin mobile for years (convenience as sim free and stupid cheap.... leaving for sure after this).

I barely use my phone for anything.... had a random text last Friday saying I'm being cut off for going over my credit when I paid my bill a few days before which was weird. Called up 'customer service' and they said there are 4 calls to Thailand on there and charges of 150 quid. I was like what the heck?! Impossible because I know nobody there. I asked what the number was and they couldn't see so I said when was it they said earlier this morning from 9.47 to 11.03, a couple yesterday and a 2.5 hour call weds. I was literally in a meeting at work on the same day when they said I called that morning and my phone was in my pocket. I said 100% it wasn't me, if it was me I wouldn't be so stupid to use my mobile or complain about it. I said I bet somebody got my number or hacked me so I said block all international calls. They said it was 100% indisputable you because otherwise we cant charge you for it. I said it was not and this went back and forth. I raised a complaint and said im not paying my bill and would rather cut my direct debit out and get a new phone.!

They raised this and said it will be fixed in 5 working days. Lo and behold 5 wd after I called and they said its with the fraud squad (whatever that is). They also said oh they haven't look at it yet to which I was like ffs. They said they would chase again.

I went into a shop today and they couldn't help. Im worried that somebody has hacked my phone and has or can see my stuff, virgin won't even send me a new sim card or change my number. Im adament in telling them im not paying my bill and said if they even dare generate it with that money on im taking it further. They said oh well we can just credit you. With 2 kids and being a single parent.... um no it doesn't work like that!!!!

The shop said and the customer service said they dont know what the back office team even do or how they check it. I wouldn't know how they could check who done it (does anybody know if they can track ip addresses or something?)

Has anybody else had disputed charges looked into and how do you deal with it and win?

Also what happens if they refuse to listen and try take this out and I just cancel all my dd's and get cut off? I assume that's a no no for credit rating and bailiffs ?

Ta

Doz
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 18th Aug 19, 8:20 AM
    • 4,645 Posts
    • 2,696 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:20 AM
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:20 AM
    Wouldn't you be better answering the queries on https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6038121 rather then starting a new duplicate thread elsewhere?
    • Dozdoz
    • By Dozdoz 18th Aug 19, 8:29 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dozdoz
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:29 AM
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:29 AM
    Sorry I am new. I thought more people could see it. I can't delete it though sorry
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 18th Aug 19, 11:06 AM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 6,267 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 18th Aug 19, 11:06 AM
    • 18th Aug 19, 11:06 AM
    Wouldn't you be better answering the queries on https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6038121 rather then starting a new duplicate thread elsewhere?
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Indeed. I was literally like ffs and what the heck!!! I've read this like literally like five minutes ago, ffs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,585Posts Today

6,002Users online

Martin's Twitter