Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 29th Jul 19, 1:57 PM
    • 2,725Posts
    • 1,298Thanks
    greyteam1959
    Aldi = Annoying
    • 29th Jul 19, 1:57 PM
    Aldi = Annoying 29th Jul 19 at 1:57 PM
    Been shopping at Aldi for a couple of years now as it is about 30 - 50 % cheaper than my local Sainsbury's.
    However the Missus is getting a bit p*ssed of with their out of stocks.
    Own brand moisturising cream not being in stock for about 2 months & NO other brands available.
    Frozen Steak & Merlot meat pies 2 in a pack not stock for several months.
    Is it just my local Aldi or are they all as bad ??
Page 2
  • archived user
    Think it's happening more and more at all the supermarkets (I'm well served locally so I visit several fairly regularly).

Last few months I've noticed from my usual shopping routine

Lidl - Own Brand squash always out of stock except a handful of barley water occasionally. Own Brand Condiments like Tartare Sauce have disappeared
    Tesco - Cheap plain Yoghurt has gone. Plain Pizza bases have gone.
    Aldi - Arborio Rice has gone.
    Asda - Large packs of dried pulses from Asian suppliers have gone and reduced range in smaller packs.
    Sainsburys - own brand bread has gone - except for in store bakery loaves - which are all white - no wholemeal. Meat range vastly reduced.

I suspect it's a combination of supply problems (shelve space there and empty) and making space for other lines by removing the least profitable lines. The cynic in me notices that it's usually the cheaper options that disappear.
    Originally posted by njm123
    The Sainsburys near my work still stocks own label bread and all instore bakery bread. It;s probably your own local store that has issues.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,283Posts Today

7,453Users online

Martin's Twitter