Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gesdt50
    • By gesdt50 22nd Jul 19, 12:16 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gesdt50
    Oily fish in Asian supermarkets
    • 22nd Jul 19, 12:16 PM
    Oily fish in Asian supermarkets 22nd Jul 19 at 12:16 PM
    As someone who has lived in east central London for almost 20 years I have discovered tons of Asian supermarkets, I have spent a lot of time researching all the spices and seeds, nuts available in them and there asian names - a good few of these Asian supermarkets have as much food items & in some cases possibly more than the big 4 traditional supermarkets do if you exclude electrials and clothing etc . ., I have also seen some of them that have over 20 types of different fish available, however its a lot harder to translate or get good research done on which fish is which as unlike the spices a lot of the spices in the big 4 supermarkets are recognisable to whats in the asian ones.

I am trying to find 1 or 2 good oily fish like herring, sprats, sardines which are hard to get in the big 4 as they are cheap and the big 4 don't make that much money off them, indeed tesco is actually closing down there fish counters in even the big superstores, checked regulary in Morrision and Asda they just don't sell them now mostly.

I have asked in a few Asian supermarkets which fish are oily the staff did suggest some however when I went hme and researched the name from the pack they wern't classed as been oily fish

What I'm trying to get at is does anyone know 1 or 2 of the oily types thats available in the Asian supermarkets ?
    Thanks for any help suggested ?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,830Posts Today

9,341Users online

Martin's Twitter