Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dori2o
    • By dori2o 24th Oct 12, 7:43 PM
    • 7,852Posts
    • 13,228Thanks
    dori2o
    Manchester Metrolink and Mobility scooters
    • 24th Oct 12, 7:43 PM
    Manchester Metrolink and Mobility scooters 24th Oct 12 at 7:43 PM
    I currently drive to work as I can't sit on a bus for the amount of time it takes to get to work due to mobility problems and at least with a car I can stop get out of the car, stretch, etc etc.

We live on the route of the former Oldham Loop train line and within the next couple of months the trams should be up and running.

I was going to look into trying out the tram to try and save some money so that I could look into reducing my work hours to better suit the needs surrounding my disability.

However, it turns out that Mobility Scooters are not permitted on Metrolink trams, but they were on the trains. They are according to TfGM a health and safety hazard.

How exactly is that progress. Almost everyone who used the trains was against the trams, and there was no public consultation on them. they were simply forced upon us.

Guess I'm stuck in the car.
    To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
Page 1
    • rdwarr
    • By rdwarr 24th Oct 12, 8:45 PM
    • 5,713 Posts
    • 6,500 Thanks
    rdwarr
    • 24th Oct 12, 8:45 PM
    • 24th Oct 12, 8:45 PM
    This page may shed some light on why mobility scooters are considered dangerous by some operators.
    Can I help?
    • alanrowell
    • By alanrowell 25th Oct 12, 6:07 AM
    • 5,298 Posts
    • 2,035 Thanks
    alanrowell
    • 25th Oct 12, 6:07 AM
    • 25th Oct 12, 6:07 AM
    Probably the same reason as to why the T&W Metro ban them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-15895767
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

793Posts Today

6,933Users online

Martin's Twitter