Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    laura_123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I ordered a dress and bag of bankfashion online, I payed buy card. I recieved a text message two days later saying that it will be delivered that day between 9.30am - 12.30pm. I looked online and tracked my order to say that it had been signed for at 9.41 that morning. I have rang the delivery service and they have told me that they can not do anything until the driver has been interviewed, which could take up to 48hours. I then rang the retail customer service who also said the same but she said looking at the signature you can tell that it wasn't my name that had signed for it.
    I would just like to know what rights I have because ive basically payed from something which I have not recieved.
    I would appriciate any advice given to me.
    Thank you :)
    You may need to push Bankfashion for a resolution, but it seems that they're on the case.
    You do not need to take up the issue with the delivery company, that's Banksfashion's job.

Is it possible that one of your neighbours tookin the parcel while you were out?
  • wealdroam
    Options
    laura_123 wrote: »
    I just hope that I will be refunded or get the goods which have been payed for!
    I answered your other post with...
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Just cancel the order if you like.
    Under Distance Selling Regulations, Banksfashion must refund all monies paid.
  • claire.cmd
    claire.cmd Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I purchased a H.P laptop on the 4th March & reported a fault that had happened twice before (but I thought it may have been something I had done!) on the 4th April. I went through to the technical dept who went through a series of tests etc which took 3 days in total of phone calls to complete then the agent said it was faulty & needed to go for repair, I advised I was not going to accept this as the item developed a fault within 30 days, to cut a VERY long story short after several e-mails & calls to various people after being passed from pillar to post! H.P have advised I can have a refund or replacement, I have requested as a gesture of good will either an upgrade or refund plus refunding my costs for calls, time & usb's that I had to purchase to back up my system etc.
    If I was to post the e-mails I have received back from H.P you will all be appalled by the lack of customer service! it has taken 5 weeks for them to authorise a refund of the unit only but I have to have the old one collected & then send a form off to them to do this apparently?? something I don't understand as it did not take that long for them to take my money!! Can anyone please advise me am I within my rights to seek compensation for the calls etc as the laptop was faulty??
  • wealdroam
    Options
    claire.cmd wrote: »
    I purchased a H.P laptop on the 4th March & reported a fault that had happened twice before (but I thought it may have been something I had done!) on the 4th April. I went through to the technical dept who went through a series of tests etc which took 3 days in total of phone calls to complete then the agent said it was faulty & needed to go for repair, I advised I was not going to accept this as the item developed a fault within 30 days, to cut a VERY long story short after several e-mails & calls to various people after being passed from pillar to post! H.P have advised I can have a refund or replacement, I have requested as a gesture of good will either an upgrade or refund plus refunding my costs for calls, time & usb's that I had to purchase to back up my system etc.
    If I was to post the e-mails I have received back from H.P you will all be appalled by the lack of customer service! it has taken 5 weeks for them to authorise a refund of the unit only but I have to have the old one collected & then send a form off to them to do this apparently?? something I don't understand as it did not take that long for them to take my money!! Can anyone please advise me am I within my rights to seek compensation for the calls etc as the laptop was faulty??
    Have answered on your other thread.
  • CICC
    CICC Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    squeaky wrote: »
    Hi,

If you have a query that you think will only need a quick yes or no answer then feel free to ask it here.

Otherwise you are very welcome to start a new thread.

Whatever you decide... good luck :)

I just have 1 question (this is my 1st time using this forum):

I ordered bridesmaids dresses in October last year (I paid 50% of the agreed price) to place the order. This agreed price was inclusive of VAT at 17.5%. I have been told that the dresses arrived into the shop last week; and that I have to pay a 2.5% levy on the balance due to complete payment of the dresses. My understanding is that I shouldn't have to pay this 2.5% levy on the remaining balance as the order was placed pre-January for an agreed price (which was inclusive of 17.5% VAT)! Please help me with this! I spoke to the shop assistant and she referred me to the Customs & Excise website which confirm this is so; although I have had no luck in finding out the answer to this! Please help, as I think I do not have to pay this? Thanks.
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Options
    CICC wrote: »

I ordered bridesmaids dresses in October last year (I paid 50% of the agreed price) to place the order. This agreed price was inclusive of VAT at 17.5%. I have been told that the dresses arrived into the shop last week; and that I have to pay a 2.5% levy on the balance due to complete payment of the dresses. My understanding is that I shouldn't have to pay this 2.5% levy on the remaining balance as the order was placed pre-January for an agreed price (which was inclusive of 17.5% VAT)! Please help me with this! I spoke to the shop assistant and she referred me to the Customs & Excise website which confirm this is so; although I have had no luck in finding out the answer to this! Please help, as I think I do not have to pay this? Thanks.

Bad news is yes the shop assistant is correct. If you had paid in full before the 1st Jan. you'd have managed to avoid the VAT increase.
  • wealdroam
    Options

Your answer is on the HMRC website.
    On page 9 of this document under the heading...
    2.6 How do I deal with deposits or pre-payments?
    It shows that vat at 17.5% is due, and has been paid, on the deposit that was paid last year, and vat at 20% is due on the balance that is to be paid now.
    There are examples there.
  • CICC
    Options
    Thank you both for your very helpful and informative responses. I read the link on the HMRC website and understand my position now. I just wouldn't have been happy paying the extra VAT while not understanding why or if it was right. Once again, thanks to both of you! I'll definitely use this forum again! :)
  • CICC
    Options
    Is there a way that I can 'thank you' both so that it shows under your usernames? (Sorry not too proficient with this forum thing) :D
  • wealdroam
    Options
    Is there a way that I can 'thank you' both so that it shows under your usernames? (Sorry not too proficient with this forum thing) :D
    Click on the post_thanks.gif button on the post you want to thank.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback