Great 'what does the tooth fairy pay?' Hunt

Comments

• lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    First tooth was £1, 2nd 3rd and 4th £1 too, then dd tried to pull a tooth out then placed bits of screwed up paper to look like teeth in hope she would get some more money. Then the tooth fairy forgot to visit the 5th tooth (i fell asleep) and we came clean about it.

she got a book about the tooth fairy from my mum with number 1.

Ds1 has yet to loose a tooth, ds2 has yet to get a tooth
  • Our tooth fairy paid 5 euros for the first and £2 for each tooth after. It was only 5 euros for the first as we were on holiday and there wasn't a lot you could buy with less money!
    It seems like once one tooth falls out though it starts a chaiin reaction and they all start falling out - especially if they get wobbled for more money!:rotfl:
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    50p is what I used to get, ie a piece of silver in return for a tooth
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    It's always been £1 a tooth here.

When my brother got to the age when he doubted the tooth fairy's existence, he decided to blu-tak the tooth to the ceiling above his bed. Somehow my Mam managed to get up there without waking him and stuck the coin to the ceiling :rotfl:
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    £1 a tooth here. But they must be really shiny ones, I used to put all the shiny ones away and use those.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • beccah_2
    beccah_2 Posts: 73 Forumite
    we pay £2 for the 1st tooth and £1 for each tooth after that
    Sealed Pot Challenge #101
    :DSPC #6...Banked £600 SPC #7...Banked £503.50 Spc#8...Banked £512.76 Spc #9...Target £500
    My star from Sue-UU :staradmin :j
  • zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    The tooth fairy that visits our house leaves £1 and sometimes a little gift such as a new toothbrush/toothpaste (fancy one with a character on)

Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • jax1305
    jax1305 Posts: 47 Forumite
    it's £1 a tooth but the first one was £5 because the tooth fairy had a difficult job retrieving it - tooth was accidentally swallowed so she had to magic herself into the digestive system! The life of a tooth fairy isn't all glitter and glam!!
    anyone know if the same applies to son's adult teeth about to be extracted due to overcrowding? he's only 12 - so it seems fair to expect her to call but can adult teeth be ground down into magic fairy dust (for Santa to use) in the same way that baby teeth are?
  • 20p a tooth (still got the 1st 20p :D), I'm 23 now, so I don't know if that's good or bad. One of my friend's kids got £10 recently(!), I was seriously disgusted by that.
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 April 2011 at 4:43PM
    It was £1 a tooth but £2 for the first molar...

but one time she lost her tooth when we were in an airport hotel and the tooth fairy brought her 20 euros ( we had nothing smaller) she didn't really know what it worked out at, she was about 6yo and didn't really understand currency eschange rates.:rotfl:
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure