Options

Comments

• bluejeans53
    Options
    :j:j:j Bill money put in bill account

Paid this weeks rent
    done Asda shop (without DH) :jOnly spent £25

Menu's done for next week

Paintwork all dusted and washed and ready to paint (already have paint from last time)

Ventured into the charity shop (i only go to one as its really really cheap)

£2.50 for a pair of winter black leather boots, knee high, laced up the front, don't appear to have been worn :j. over the moon. Winter boots I have, had them about 6yr and taking in.

2 fab cushions for 50p each that I will recover to match my stool I recovered, will look fab. That will be my sitting room all painted, stool recovered and 7 cushions recovered for £25 :j:j. All nice for Christmas. I would usually have gone berserk, new curtains and everything. Face lift will do just as well :money:.
    I was not tempted at all to spend any other money. Did not even have a latte.......for the price of that latte plus £1 I got a pair if brand new boots and two cushions :money:. I will get years of use out of them instead of 15 minutes to drink coffee.

:)
    Do I need this or just want it.
    If you always do what you always do...You will get what you always get.
    Debt Free since 16/12/10
    Starting Weight 14-7 Current 13-7-0 total -14lb
  • stupidspender
    Options
    Just read this thread from start to finish and wanted to say it's an inspiration.

Well done on taking charge on your finances and keeping in control of them.

I'll certainly take parts of this thread and try to apply them to my own financial situation.

Dan x :)
  • humblepii
    Options
    I just :D reading about your bargains. Too true about the coffee. I REALLY want some new winter boots (want, not need)... Still, jealous!
    Debt-free & saving for the next big adventure
    :j
  • bluejeans53
    Options
    Just read this thread from start to finish and wanted to say it's an inspiration.

Well done on taking charge on your finances and keeping in control of them.

I'll certainly take parts of this thread and try to apply them to my own financial situation.

Dan x :)

Hiya Stupid Spender wow I should have thought of that one, that WAS so me. Fab of you to pop on and say hiya and give me your support Thankyou. I will have a look for some of your posts.......I like to return the support I get. Cant alaways come up with anything but like to help where I can. So many people have supported me. I love this site.

Debt Free since 16/12/10
  • bluejeans53
    Options
    humblepii wrote: »
    I just :D reading about your bargains. Too true about the coffee. I REALLY want some new winter boots (want, not need)... Still, jealous!

Hiya humblepii and Thankyou too for popping on. I think i am going from one extreme to the other. DH thinks I am taking it a bit far. I said NP, tell you what. You take over the Finances and we will go back to the way I used to spend and see if you are of the same opinion by Christmas. He did not take me up on my offer. He has excepted most changes, without any bother. Its when I say say "one piece of kitchen roll in enough (never had any for a while) and "measure the bubble bath in the cap instead of pouring it in", he then thinks I am going to far. I saved at least £10 not taking him, he was gutted when i picked him up from work and found out I had already been. :rotfl::money:

I will check in with your posts too.

Debt Free since 16/12/10
  • bluejeans53
    bluejeans53 Posts: 287 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2010 at 7:07PM
    Options
    I was reading "what gave you your lightbulb moment" I would not dare to post mine on there, its was shamefull made me feel lowest of the low. :eek::eek::eek:
    I will keep that LB moment with me for ever. Think thats what is keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Debt Free since 16/12/10
  • coffeemonster*123
    Options
    just read your thread....
    wanted to say well done you for taking control.
    Best wishes and keep going!:A
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi,
    Just found your thread and read through from start to finish. You are doing really well and are an inspiration.
    I am a recovering shopaholic as my bulging house can testify. I have three kids and they each have far too many clothes and toys. Every room is packed. I am seriously trying to declutter, ebaying what I can and charity shop for the rest. The aim is to clear the attic (which is also full) so that DS1 can eventually move up there. I also need to clear CCs so that I have spare funds to do the building work required to convert to a bedroom. This is going to be a long haul project.

I am resisting temptation where at all possible, cook all our meals from scratch, usually using 'whoopsied' meat etc. Bulking out mince where possible to stretch 450g to feed 5 of us for 2 meals. I work 2 jobs and take all the overtime I can. I seriously want to shift this debt this time (I have had LBMs before but fallen off the wagon).

I have subscribed to your thread in the hope you can inspire me and spur me on.

Good luck

REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Options
    Bluejeans: Hi again. You are really doing well:j:j:jWas impressed with your bargains - a girl after my own heart. Must go and do my diary now.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • bluejeans53
    Options
    Hiya 321, and thank you for popping on and reading my ramblings.

You are doing real well, keep it going. I don't think I was a shopaholic but never the less wasted loooooooooads of money, on total rubbish, clothes I did not need and the rest. On second thoughts I was a shopaholic, as like anything else there is different degrees and variations.

I have had money issues since I was a child........I could not even keep my pocket money for more than a couple of hours. I am now 53yrs and tired of it all. Like yourself I have sorted myself out before only to go and do it all again. But NOT THIS TIME. I am beginning to near the end of my working life.......although i will work over if i am fit and able. But now that I am in the second half of my life, things don't seem that for off :eek:. At 20 30 even 40 I thought "plenty time to sort it" but the years and the stress and the letters and phone calls and lies rolled on. And now I want to get sorted. This is the clearest my mind has been ever and I am determined to sort this.

I will need to work harder when my debts are paid off as that is when I will have spare money and may feel the urge to splurge :eek:. But first things firs, clearing my debts my main priority at the moment.

Looked for posts from you but could not seem to find a one started by you, but never mind I will keep in touch here, unless you can point me to a diary thread you have .

Debt Free since 16/12/10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family