Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 11 May 2018 at 1:52AM
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    An update on the above.
    My full balance direct debit was NOT taken today.
    Called TSB at 0530. Finally managed to speak to a human at about 0615. I think a 45 minute wait at that time in the morning shows that something must be pretty wrong!
    Explained about the direct debit not being taken and also mentioned the internet banking problems mentioned above.
    Nothing in the staff member's manner suggested this was an ongoing or familiar problem. Put me on hold while he looked into the problem. Came back and said (as if it was a big surprise to him that he had just found out about) that they were having problems with their direct debits. Showed irritation when I interrupted his reading of his script. Said that they had been working behind the scenes and that behind the scenes that I couldn't see they had applied a credit to the account to avoid any late payment charge and that they would be contacting me by letter to advise me when the direct debit would be taken. I asked why by letter and was told it was because they hadn't taken the direct debit on the correct date and would have to give me notice before they took it. Nothing in his manner suggested that would be any time soon.
    I pointed out that I was still unable to see any statements and that the list of transactions showed current unstatemented transactions and transactions which had appeared on the last statement all mixed up and that they were all showing as negative (-) amounts as if they were refunds and the balance on last statement was showing as 0.00 in contradiction to the correct statement balance shown in the header but he appeared either unwilling or unable to understand what I was saying and tried to insist that displaying transactions as - was correct as it was a debit to the account. Ended with me telling him that maybe I wasn't explaining myself clearly but what I was seeing was not normal.
    Told him was not currently using the card and would not be using it again until what I was seeing started to make sense again but he failed to respond in any way to this comment.
    No apology except for the initial long wait to have my call answered.

Latest update.
    New statement was issued today.
    Unable to see the statement of course but I can see from the balance and recent transactions list that I have been charged £24.96 interest as a result of their not taking my full balance direct debit. Trying to call them now. Been holding for over half an hour so far.
    This really is getting beyond a joke.
    Update. Gave up on trying to call them after being on hold waiting for over an hour.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 May 2018 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Latest update.
    New statement was issued today.
    Unable to see the statement of course but I can see from the balance and recent transactions list that I have been charged £24.96 interest as a result of their not taking my full balance direct debit. Trying to call them now. Been holding for over half an hour so far.
    This really is getting beyond a joke.
    Update. Gave up on trying to call them after being on hold waiting for over an hour.
    Why bother, just leave them to it, they are in the wrong.

https://www.tsb.co.uk/personal/frequently-asked-questions/
    There have been some issues with direct debits being paid for TSB credit cards. We're really sorry about this. We are investigating the problem and if your payment to your TSB card hasn't been triggered we will be in touch to let you know, and will try to take the payment on your next due date. You will not be charged any extra interest or fees as a result of a delayed direct debit, and there will be no impact on your credit record. You don't need to contact us about this - we will be making corrections to any extra interest that you may see on your credit card account.
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been affected too as my monthly direct debit on the 4th May wasn't taken. At that time there wasn't anything on their FAQ about it. Their website was stating that direct debits were working normally.

I wasn't sure what to do. It was obviously the fault of TSB. They would have to put things right eventually and ensure no extra charges or negative impact on credit files. However the rate things are going to fix their web issues, I was concerned that it could take months to resolve.

I therefore decided to make another manual payment on the due date, from my TSB current account. After much stress trying to log in, multiple different error messages and being kicked out numerous times I finally got the payment to go through. It appeared on my credit card balance later the same day, so I don't think I was charged any interest.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    fabsaver wrote: »
    I have been affected too as my monthly direct debit on the 4th May wasn't taken.
    <SNIP>

I therefore decided to make another manual payment on the due date, from my TSB current account. After much stress trying to log in, multiple different error messages and being kicked out numerous times I finally got the payment to go through. It appeared on my credit card balance later the same day, so I don't think I was charged any interest.

Check your statement which should have been issued on the 9th or 10th.
    Oh, silly me, we don't get statements anymore, or access to anything beyond your last 20 transactions.

Seriously - my DD was due on the 4th, cleared by bill payment on the day.
    My nominal statement date was the 10th, and I haven't been charged any interest.
    Other people who did nothing (some because they were told to do nothing), have been charged interest, have wasted 30+minutes of their life on the phone to TSB and been promised that the interest will be unrolled.

At the moment the only way you can track what's happening with your credit account is to regularly copy/download transactions and keep your own record in a spreadsheet, MS Money etc.

My April cashback hasn't arrived yet either.

Never mind, on June 28th the card gets used for the last time, when the cashback ends. (Note that transactions on Friday 29th June won't get processed until Monday 2nd July, and won't get any cashback)

PochiSoldi
  • molerat
    edited 14 May 2018 at 10:11PM
    Options
    DD due and gone out today. Still no £5 though.

edit: TSB shows DD credited to account this evening.
  • sorrytohearit
    Options
    Yes, my monthly payment not taken either. Causes me real issues with lack of current available balance and potential interest charges that i will need to reclaim. In the queue to speak to someone... been 50+ mins so far
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Options
    I missed this thread but was kindly pointed towards it from the TSB thread on the banking board by the OP.

I'm another whose minimum payment DD from a Halifax current account to a TSB 0% credit card is showing as received by TSB but has not been taken from my Halifax current account.

Great as at the moment I am £20 up until they figure this out, and I'm not concerned about missed payments as their system doesn't think I've missed one, but unfortunately that means I didn't have two DDs going out of Halifax in April so will have lost my £3 reward payment. Irritatingly not really enough to justify complaining!
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I missed this thread but was kindly pointed towards it from the TSB thread on the banking board by the OP.

I'm another whose minimum payment DD from a Halifax current account to a TSB 0% credit card is showing as received by TSB but has not been taken from my Halifax current account.

Great as at the moment I am £20 up until they figure this out, and I'm not concerned about missed payments as their system doesn't think I've missed one, but unfortunately that means I didn't have two DDs going out of Halifax in April so will have lost my £3 reward payment. Irritatingly not really enough to justify complaining!

My DD non pull (of close to £400) from BOS cost me my monthly interest been paid.

But after an initial query via their website am now just keeping quiet (well as quiet as you can get by posting on an open and very popular money website!).
  • mrssjs
    mrssjs Posts: 627 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Received my paper Statement, also showing as received by TSB but has not left my Halifax account
  • molerat
    edited 16 May 2018 at 9:48AM
    Options
    Why haven't I received my 1% Plusness cashback?

We've had a technical issue that's meant we're making the payment to you later this week. We're sorry about that but you will have the cashback by the end of this week (18th May).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure