TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today

Comments

• JonVarnas
    JonVarnas Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    oscarward wrote: »
    I am in a ridiculous situation now

Current account and credit cards with TSB. I have a DD to clear the CC balance each month.

I made a large purchase on the credit card , just for the avios points, made a payment to 1/2 clear the balance last week and balance transfer for the other half.

Today they ignored the 1/2 payment and took the whole balance putting my current account £10k overdrawn. Given there is only a £1100 overdraft facility how can they do that? I have other DDs coming out tomorrow.

The silly thing is that the balance transfer is somewhere around the system as the phone banking system tells me I have a balance of £6k owing but available credit of £19k, all on a £13k credit limit.

After sitting on hold for 25 minutes this morning trying to talk to someone I will be knocking on the door of the branch asking for an explanation of how they intend to correct the situation.
    You did notify TSB beforehand that you didn't want them to take the full balance from you account, didn't you? I think CC's start the ball rolling on collecting DD's a fair few days before due date.
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    normally the amount paid in a week before dd is collected are taken notice of and will stop the dd.

I tried for 5 days to make the payment before actually managing to complete. the phones weren't answering and the branch had closed it's doors.

currently 15 minutes on hold waiting for a human to talk to me. i'll drive to the branch if they don't pick up soon but I expect a queue out the door ......
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    so no queue at the branch but man behind counter can't do anything. I have to talk to credit card team by phone. great

so after 40 mins on hold I gave up

try later

the phone system says wait of 30 mins , try again later and then hangs up.

i'm rapidly coming to the conclusion they don't want my custom....
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    My wife and I both took out new TSB balance transfer cards in April. When we first registered them online the accounts showed the correct introductory balance transfer offers. Since the meltdown they've only shown less attractive existing customer offers (we are of course still within 90 days of account opening).
  • Mr_Goodkat
    Mr_Goodkat Posts: 432 Forumite
    My DD for the statement balance has not been taken today from my Club Lloyds Account today.

I was previously paying £100 DD a month from my TSB Classic Plus as was on the 20 month 0% purchase offer but that ended last month so changed to clear the balance in full from Club Lloyds so the money still earns interest until it is collected and only using it until the 1% cashback ends at the end of June.

DD showed on statement as the statement balance and the DD is showing correctly on both TSB and Lloyds online banking.

Not sure if they have just messed up timings with the bank holiday yesterday calling for it a day late so may go out tomorrow or if this is related to the wider issues TSB have had or a combination of the change I made and their issues.

Time will tell
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mr_Goodkat wrote: »
    My DD for the statement balance has not been taken today from my Club Lloyds Account today.

I was previously paying £100 DD a month from my TSB Classic Plus as was on the 20 month 0% purchase offer but that ended last month so changed to clear the balance in full from Club Lloyds so the money still earns interest until it is collected and only using it until the 1% cashback ends at the end of June.

DD showed on statement as the statement balance and the DD is showing correctly on both TSB and Lloyds online banking.

My DD was due to go out (ex Barclays) last Friday - nothing taken.
    DD was for the minimum amount, the balance was paid by bill payment.
    Managed to get a second BP done for the balance, so no charges.

TSB Credit Cards - you can't see anything other than the last 20 transactions online. Statements are inaccessible, the minimum payment and due dates aren't showing on line, and the next statement date was rendering the actual balance due date.

Personally I'm glad that this all happened close to the end of the 1% cashback - all I need to do is cancel the direct debit switch to paper statements, and collect on any compensation for the faffing around.

I guess the next step is to sit back and wait and see if my credit card statement gets produced on time, and whether I can actually get to read it.

PochiSoldi
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 8 May 2018 at 5:03PM
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    I have only a credit card with TSB not a bank account.
    When I log on I am still unable to see transactions made since the last statement and although the balances in the header are correct the itemised amounts below relating to the last statement period are all showing as - (negative) amounts and the balance 0.
    I have stopped using the card now and will not use it again until what I see makes some sense. How much longer is this going to go on for?.
    My direct debit (quite a large one 4 figures) is not due to be taken until 7th May so hope they take it.
    Fortunately, having only a credit card, I can just stop using the card and make my purchases on other cards. Can only sympathise with individuals unfortunate enough to have their main current account with TSB.

An update on the above.
    My full balance direct debit was NOT taken today.
    Called TSB at 0530. Finally managed to speak to a human at about 0615. I think a 45 minute wait at that time in the morning shows that something must be pretty wrong!
    Explained about the direct debit not being taken and also mentioned the internet banking problems mentioned above.
    Nothing in the staff member's manner suggested this was an ongoing or familiar problem. Put me on hold while he looked into the problem. Came back and said (as if it was a big surprise to him that he had just found out about) that they were having problems with their direct debits. Showed irritation when I interrupted his reading of his script. Said that they had been working behind the scenes and that behind the scenes that I couldn't see they had applied a credit to the account to avoid any late payment charge and that they would be contacting me by letter to advise me when the direct debit would be taken. I asked why by letter and was told it was because they hadn't taken the direct debit on the correct date and would have to give me notice before they took it. Nothing in his manner suggested that would be any time soon.
    I pointed out that I was still unable to see any statements and that the list of transactions showed current unstatemented transactions and transactions which had appeared on the last statement all mixed up and that they were all showing as negative (-) amounts as if they were refunds and the balance on last statement was showing as 0.00 in contradiction to the correct statement balance shown in the header but he appeared either unwilling or unable to understand what I was saying and tried to insist that displaying transactions as - was correct as it was a debit to the account. Ended with me telling him that maybe I wasn't explaining myself clearly but what I was seeing was not normal.
    Told him was not currently using the card and would not be using it again until what I was seeing started to make sense again but he failed to respond in any way to this comment.
    No apology except for the initial long wait to have my call answered.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    My wife's and my DDs for our TSB CCs were taken as expected this week and last. So the problem doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. In fact I've had very few problems with the new interface, except that payments failed a few times last week.

The only issue is that the CC transactions are displayed centre-aligned on internet banking! And we can't change DD online any more.
  • P-Nuts
    P-Nuts Posts: 14 Forumite
    Don't think my credit card direct debit has been taken either. It's a TSB Platinum MasterCard, and the direct debit is from TSB Classic Plus, so the problem could be at either end. Not exactly sure when it was due as my statements aren't available to download (already complained about the statements not working though no response to that).

Can bank branches print out credit card statements?
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The FAQ on the website, says they are aware of the credit card problems, says its only affecting some customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure