IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Attendance notice

Options

Comments

• maffb7
    maffb7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    dropbox.com/s/uudejzulr7si38q/Photo%2004-05-2018%2C%2006%2028%2040.jpg?dl=0
  • maffb7
    maffb7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2018 at 6:38AM
    Options
    I spoke to a business owner around the area where I got my ticket and she told me that the local small business's around there sign up with UKCPS and get a fee every time they fine a car owner.
    My fine said I was parked on LARK SPEED land, which is around the corner? I was parked in front of a curry restaurant- Masala hut.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Latest redacted copy of the notice.

PUukrjvGB8ez9bs3zkLOOe-92zVAcix_wjIbn-Wzfbk?dl=0&size=2048x1536&size_mode=3
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread reminds me of a similar case that surfaced a few years ago involving a company called PS&P, based in Bolton. They styled themselves as "doorstep collection agents". Nothing ever came of their empty threats.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They styled themselves as "doorstep collection agents". Nothing ever came of their empty threats.
    But they do have a marvellous collection of doorsteps! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had a look at Companies House about this company. Formed in 2016, with three active directors, one of which was only appointed last month.

I see that their actual trading name is "Civil Enforcement Agency". I hope they're not trying to pass themselves off as some sort of government or official organization?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Just had a look at Companies House about this company. Formed in 2016, with three active directors, one of which was only appointed last month.

I see that their actual trading name is "Civil Enforcement Agency". I hope they're not trying to pass themselves off as some sort of government or official organization?

trading as The Bailiff Company , and is a Trading Style of Yorkshire Investigations Limited 2011
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    trading as The Bailiff Company , and is a Trading Style of Yorkshire Investigations Limited 2011
    There's no such company as Yorkshire Investigations Limited 2011; the 2011 is probably the website date.

More interesting is the fact that "Yorkshire Investigations Limited" was dissolved in 2014, (actually "struck off" by Companies House ).
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06728351
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of a similar case that surfaced a few years ago involving a company called PS&P, based in Bolton. They styled themselves as "doorstep collection agents". Nothing ever came of their empty threats.

For those who remember the PCN-UK saga back in 2011 and the infamous Ashford Sheridan-Wood, UK Protection Services Ltd (at the time a clamper firm) was a stable-mate of and shared the same pokey office as PCN-UK in Chorley. It also shared personnel.

PCN-UK used to issue the PCNs and the clamper bully boys used to call on recipients to 'collect' the unpaid tickets.

HO87 (who doesn't post now) stated that PCN-UK even took to clamping cars in public streets.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure