Great "Free Ways to Say I Love You" Hunt

Former_MSE_Penelope
Former_MSE_Penelope Posts: 536 Forumite
edited 9 February 2011 at 11:05AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Great 'Free ways to Say 'I love you'' Hunt

For those who consider the day a bit of a scam and hate splurging on chocs & flowers etc. how can you show your loved ones you care without spending even a penny?

View past Great Hunts.

Many thanks to redballoon for starting this great thread (see next post below). We didn't spot it before but now someone's pointed it out we've turned this one into a Great Hunt and inserted this post into the top as an explanation to people coming through from the weekly email. Thank you!

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• RedBalloon
    RedBalloon Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I thought it would be nice to start a new thread on completely FREE ways to show how much you love that special someone.

It's not supposed to sound cheapskate - but some of the loveliest ways to show someone don't actually cost a penny!

Please share ideas or perhaps things someone has done for you which meant a lot.

Maybe, burning a special CD, going on a little walk and leaving notes in the trees for them to see - that sort of thing.......

:)
    "Buy me, Lady", said the frock, "and I will make you into a BEAUTIFUL & WHOLE & COMPLETE human being".
    "Do not be silly", said the Man, "for a frock alone cannot do that".
    "True", said the Lady, "I will have the shoes and the bag as well".
    :rotfl:
  • last year I wrote my partner a list of all the little things that I loved about him...only cost me about 20p to buy a nice piece of paper wrapped up with ribbon...so almost free.

Bit cheesy I know, but it is Valentines Day after all :o
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Good Idea,
    On Valentines day I usualy make an effort to put the toilet seat down after I've been to the bathroom .....it shows I'm thinking about her ;)

Sometimes I even offer to help with the washing up after dinner ....so it shows it's nice to do things "together" ;)
    It's not just about the money
  • lmao Silk, love it!
  • RedBalloon
    RedBalloon Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lovely idea FleeFlyFloFlum.....
    I'd like to do something about the first dates I remember we had - try to capture them in some way, but I've not thought how yet!
    "Buy me, Lady", said the frock, "and I will make you into a BEAUTIFUL & WHOLE & COMPLETE human being".
    "Do not be silly", said the Man, "for a frock alone cannot do that".
    "True", said the Lady, "I will have the shoes and the bag as well".
    :rotfl:
  • indelacio
    indelacio Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    This one may take some practice... but open your mouth give it a little stretch, breath in deeply then say in an open and honest meaningful way "I love you" probably costs about 7 calories to perform, or over 22 to perform well.
  • Book free cinema tickets off the free cinema ticket thread and give them to her on valentines day?
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 February 2011 at 2:39PM
    I used the paper from a white note block & on each piece I wrote different memories from our time together. Some were happy, some funny, some damn right rude! I also wrote reasons why I loved my husband etc etc. These were written on red paper, I then folded all of the notes into triangles, & put them into a huge glass jar. I then finished it off with a piece of red ribbon.

I told him it was full of 9 years of happiness. He loved it.
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • indelacio
    indelacio Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    isualive wrote: »
    I used the paper from a white note block & on each piece I wrote different memories from our time together. Some were happy, some funny, some damn right rude! I also wrote reasons why I loved my husband etc etc. These were written on red paper, I then folded all of the notes into triangles, & put them into a huge glass jar. I then finished it off with a piece of red ribbon.

I told him it was full of 9 years of happiness. He loved it.
    You could do another similar thing not just with memories tho, but with "favours" you would do, they dont have to be sexual they could be things like breakfast in bed, neck rub, 20 minutes footy lol, you get the picture, fun little things and however many you want him to pick out and he could write some for you to pick from too.
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    How about a handmade note book of nice paper, or even one of those quite nice hardback notebooks you can get in a £1 shop - you can recover it to personalise it a bit. In the giving, explain that the idea is that you then spend time together writing in things that you want to do together - silly, romantic, sexy, any and all types of thing! Himself and I spent a happy evening with a bottle initially writing down things we wanted to do together and then we go back and put the dates in when we've done them. This way it lasts way beyond Valentine's and gives a 'together' connection to many things: sometimes when we're out we'll see something that gives us an idea to add in -ours is known as the 'purple book' and it's a feature of any real together time that we manage to grab! ;)
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure