I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• I just asked some questions on an open forum, not asked for any names or details. It is not something that I am researching but something that I wanted to ask about. Which is what I thought forums were about.
    I won’t be asking anything else as I have been told by Pollyanna that I have had enough replies.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Did dgd get away ok Mooloo? I watched Victoria . Laurence Fox (Lewis's sidekick ) is playing a very annoying Lord Palmerston and pushing all her buttons .

I don't know if you did the same when you watched it in the past but I keep getting distracted by her clothes.They're shaped and fitted beautifully . The tucks , trims,lace and tiny buttons are lovely . I'm not sure if Rosalind Ebbutt is still the designer but it looks as though she is .

Imagine having that as a commission . The children's clothes are beautiful and then there are all the military uniforms and ministers suits

hb2 I actually had the sun but it's been a cold day .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    Forumite
    I just asked some questions on an open forum, not asked for any names or details. It is not something that I am researching but something that I wanted to ask about. Which is what I thought forums were about.
    I won’t be asking anything else as I have been told by Pollyanna that I have had enough replies.

This is an open forum and I don't own it . Therefore I can't say anyone has had enough replies .I just don't see how anyone can add to their previous feedback . It's nothing to do with names or details , look up safeguarding and that may clarify matters .

Personally I think Mooloo needs a bit of a break from all the pressure she's under in various ways.This is a chatty and friendly thread and everyone is welcome but we treat each other with respect and know when to step back sometimes .
    polly

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    This is an open forum and I don't own it . Therefore I can't say anyone has had enough replies .I just don't see how anyone can add to their previous feedback . It's nothing to do with names or details , look up safeguarding and that may clarify matters .

Personally I think Mooloo needs a bit of a break from all the pressure she's under in various ways.This is a chatty and friendly thread and everyone is welcome but we treat each other with respect and know when to step back sometimes .
    polly

Agree with this 100%.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    All quiet. DS has popped out to the shop and kids in bed.
    I could easily go to bed now, but have to wait until either the police turn up or 10pm arrives.
    I am on my own in the shop tomorrow so my work schedule is all messed up, but at least I can work longer tomorrow.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    Forumite
    edited 1 April 2019 at 8:37PM
    Don't know if you've ever watched any of Sarah Beeny's series Mooloo but I came across a new series an hour ago . Renovate don't Relocate . I admit I didn't take it all in as the phone rang partway through but she turned an unusable pit into a lovely home . The couple already had stuff they wanted to keep and also a kitchen still in the boxes ( I've got one of those :D) Looked great when finished including a lovely summerhouse . No idea of the cost probably way beyond my means and as I had the tv on mute I was just watching the screen .

I liked some of her series but not others so will see how it goes . It seems it's on every weekday at 8pm on Really-CH17.
    Years ago she did a Christmas programme and ever since I use a trick she showed for Handmade door wreaths .Large crimped paper clips opened out as sturdy hooks to add baubles after the greenery . I live near the sea with strong winds and not a bauble , bow or other bit has come to grief outside .

Hope it's soon time for you to climb in to bed and have a peaceful night . Try to pace yourself in work tomorrow and build in breaks and a few brews .
    pollyx

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,840
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They went £7000 over their budget of £50,000 Polly, but that included the summerhouse/office built in their garden. I'm enjoying the series :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    My stomach is in knots. The GF has tried to engage with me by ringing me at work. I told her "nothing to do with me " and hung up. But it unnerved me, as I have to answer the work phone. Every time it rings I am on edge now.
    My plan to work late is thwarted as social have arranged a meeting at 5pm so I need to look after the kids.
    Tomorrow I have Biggest all day, which I had forgotten. So I will be struggling to get my work load done before I go away on Sunday.
    I just realised that I am hungry as I didn't get breakfast either.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hope you have eaten something now Mooloo!

Do you, or can you, have caller ID on your work phone? Or is there anything else you can think of to help stop that tummy churning when the phone rings? I understand why you really need to go away to Portugal at the weekend and get some head space.

After bragging about our weather, it has got much cooler here today and we had a hail storm this morning.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • pollyanna_26
    Forumite
    edited 2 April 2019 at 3:54PM
    Mooloo if it's a landline phone caller ID as hb2 mentioned is a starting point . If you have an answering service with 1572 blocking , you can block unwanted calls as soon as you pick the phone up don't need to answer just block It depends if she's using numbers you recognise .
    If need be you can report as nuisance calls and they will be blocked . My provider is BT as is my landline so others may be different .

Eat something! I'll be back later.
    pollyx ETA Possibly abit late now but it's worth making SS aware she,s bothering you at work .

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport