IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye fine(first ever)

Options

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First things first.

Letter to PPC to get it cancelled or POPLA code. You could add that your wife is disabled as well. You can't go to POPLA without a code.

But to improve your case, please do the first 2 things I suggested when waiting for the PPC reply.

Specific things we can add to a generic appeal is much better and if they have no legal right to charge, it's Goodnight Sweetheart.
  • MEMBER02
    MEMBER02 Posts: 811 Forumite
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    First things first.

Letter to PPC to get it cancelled or POPLA code. You could add that your wife is disabled as well. You can't go to POPLA without a code.

But to improve your case, please do the first 2 things I suggested when waiting for the PPC reply.

Specific things we can add to a generic appeal is much better and if they have no legal right to charge, it's Goodnight Sweetheart.
    Is ppc parking eye appeals dept?what i just write to them asking them to cancel ticket?
  • MEMBER02
    Options
    ive never had a penalty ticket before for parking i have no idea what i should write or to whom?i overstayed by 17 mins mainly due to my wifes disabilities as shes very slow,it was nice day she wanted a run out,and we get a penalty!please advise me my first place to write to and the best grounds to ask for penalty to be cancelled.cheers
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    PPC is the short version of Private Parking Company
    BPA is British Parking Association

On the documentation you have from them will be an address you need to write to. What you say is what I wrote in my earlier post in italics. You need to add your address and name, but don't sign it.

Add the reference and date of the contravention and, if you like, a paragraph saying something about your wife's disability,and why you were delayed as a result.

That's all you can do for now.

But you must check with the council what I told you.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    First thing to do is follow the advice in this thread, complain to the retailer make your voice heard
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4737526

Then follow the other advice here, but always complain to the retailer, in this case farmfoods
    http://www.farmfoods.co.uk/index.php?p=contact
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • MEMBER02
    Options
    guys dad is it best to write a letter or email the letter?.cheers
  • MEMBER02
    Options
    Stroma wrote: »
    First thing to do is follow the advice in this thread, complain to the retailer make your voice heard
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4737526

Then follow the other advice here, but always complain to the retailer, in this case farmfoods
    http://www.farmfoods.co.uk/index.php?p=contact
    Thanks stroma just fired a email off to farmfoods head office
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MEMBER02 wrote: »
    guys dad is it best to write a letter or email the letter?.cheers

When in doubt, do both and get a receipt of posting (free).

Some PPCs don't accept emails.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also as your wife has disabilities they have to make allowances for this.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Also as your wife has disabilities they have to make allowances for this.

Agree, and you need to make much of this in your appeal.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport