PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cooking a whole duck

Comments

• Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ...or save the fat for use another time. Just roast it, and serve with a fruity sauce, such as cherry, plum or orange.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • smokey112
    smokey112 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post
    Why don't you freeze the duck then hit him over the head with it !!

As others have said - I would def roast on a rack - I would probably baste with some Chinese spices and serve like Peking duck in pancakes

Ang
    x
    BCSC NO 40
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yep, freeze the duck and hit him with it and then feed it to the police who come to investigate just like Tales of the Unexpected :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Well he won't be wanting duck tonight anyway now he's had a pub lunch! Freezing it is! :rotfl:
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    moggins wrote:
    Yep, freeze the duck and hit him with it and then feed it to the police who come to investigate just like Tales of the Unexpected :D

That is right it was a leg of lamb and she cooked it and feed it to the police. Classic.

I would be very tempted to hit him over the head with it. I would go mad if my husband chucked his lunch away.

That to me is very wasteful.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Wouldn't hit him on the head with it, I'd drop it on his foot, that way he'd not be able to go to the pub and I certainly wouldn't wait on him hand and foot whilst he recovered, let him get his own flipping lunch. Portion up duck, make up dinner for yourself. He wonders where his dinner is, point to the freezer while you have your tasty duck.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Haha!! You lot are funny.... I'll give it a go!:rotfl:
  • bltchef
    bltchef Posts: 292 Forumite
    hi is it a whole duck ? you could roast itin a hot oven make a nice red wine sauce add some cherries aldi has some good one in the frezzer and some cherrie jam in to the sauce If you have any meat left make a duck cottage pie .Then with the carcass make a stock with your veg trimings and use the base for a yum soup keep the fat for great roast potatoes
  • filigree_2
    filigree_2 Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Leave it half-cooked and serve him leftover sandwiches for a few days. Galloping food poisoning will keep him out of the pub and save on the food bills ;)

Remember to save the fat, it's lovely for roasting potatoes :D
  • hehe, just read your title, and thought.,. a duck#1 what an earth are you going to do with a duck!!

When I was little, my batty nana bought my sister and I a real live little baby duck each. (yes I know its clled a duckling!)

My uncle came that night with some wine for my mum. She got drunk and went to bed, so we gave the duck a saucer of wine, well it got p!!$ed at a lord, its crop filled up and it was wobbling all over. Please forgive me, I was only about 11, but it was funny

We put the ducks in the sink while we were at school. When we returned there was only one left!! My mum's friend's dog had eaten one!! As my sister was younger than me, I told her my duck had been murdered by the dog, but hers was ok. She put the duck in a friends shed that was near the canal, and looked after it, it grew up, fat and white and was released on the water when it was older.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure