Half a house

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Silence101
    Options
    Our daily interest is currently £3.33, so it’ll be interesting to see how quickly the regular OP affects that. If I calculated it right, which I am not convinced I did, the first monthly OP should save us 12p/month. I think I’ll try to OP every Friday so the balance shows 0.00, or 5.00, depending on the starting balance. I can probably afford up to £5 a week, but not much more. That’s in addition to the £50 standing order, so some months may see up to £70 OP total. We’ll see how it goes, and if I need to reassess it as the time goes on.
  • Silence101
    Options
    I’ve been TT all week, which means I could OP £10 to the mortgage this morning.

On the baby front, we have 2 months to go before due date, and I’m starting to feel a bit more prepared. We bought a Moses basket and a cot on fb marketplace for next to nothing, and ordered a new mattress which arrived this week. I’m still looking for a pram that can handle steep(ish) muddy hills, as that’s the only exercise I will be able to afford. Again that’ll be a second hand job, as there’s no way I’m paying full price if I can help it!
    Someone kindly gave me some baby clothes so I need to sort them out to see what we still need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure