Spend any Pizza Express gift card

soolin
soolin Posts: 72,153 Ambassador
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Just in case anyone has any Pizza Express vouchers or gift cards , make sure you Spend them just in case.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1187474/Pizza-Express-latest-collapse-Pizza-Express-debt-latest-UK-restaurant-chain

Hopefully they can be saved as I have had some excellent meals and service from various of their restaurants. I feel sorry for their staff who are facing an uncertain future.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    they're the only company who makes decent gluten free pizza :(
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The BBC article says different.

Depends who you believe.

According to the Express link each restaurant has £1.6m of debt which I find hard to believe unless Ive read it wrong.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    The BBC article says different.

Depends who you believe.

According to the Express link each restaurant has £1.6m of debt which I find hard to believe unless Ive read it wrong.

£1.1bn (for the entire chain) over 450-470 restaurants is actually more than that.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,153 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    lindens wrote: »
    they're the only company who makes decent gluten free pizza :(

They are certainly the best GF ones (coeliac here as well)! They were always so helpful with the special deals as well, always happy to substitute something GF for one of the courses even if it wasn't technically included in the offer.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    boo_star wrote: »
    £1.1bn (for the entire chain) over 450-470 restaurants is actually more than that.

Just saying what was in the DE article.

I'm not surprised they are in trouble.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    soolin wrote: »
    They are certainly the best GF ones (coeliac here as well)! They were always so helpful with the special deals as well, always happy to substitute something GF for one of the courses even if it wasn't technically included in the offer.

Maybe they can make a few million £££ selling their decent recipe to Dominos, whose GF pizza resembles a rich tea biscuit
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My friend worked for them years ago. She says whether it was a good place to eat or not, was entirely down to who the chef was.

My daughter's birthday this year fell on Mother's day. Having left it too late to book anywhere for a joint celebration, we got in at Pizza Express, which had plenty of space. There was a reason for this!
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've heard that they are on the brink too which is a shame. It has gone downhill in my opinion but used to be a fine dining experience back in the late 90's / early 00's.

MOD Pizza do a really nice gluten free base too. Not sure if you have one near you but check it out if you do. They have one in Leeds and it is ALWAYS heaving.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    I've heard that they are on the brink too which is a shame. It has gone downhill in my opinion but used to be a fine dining experience back in the late 90's / early 00's.

MOD Pizza do a really nice gluten free base too. Not sure if you have one near you but check it out if you do. They have one in Leeds and it is ALWAYS heaving.

Presumably "fine" meaning "acceptable."

I certainly wouldn't call Pizza Express "fine dining!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family