PC Gaming VS Console Gaming - What's your opinion

Comments

• dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    PC.

* I don't have to deal with console generations and if they are backwards compatible or not.

* More exlusives that I enjoy. (I enjoy tactical shooters like Arma, Squad, Prost Scriptum)

* I have more freedom over everything. I can play with different controllers, mouse and keyboard, a damn guitar hero controller if I want. I can also chose to be at my desk or chilling out on the sofa (which consoles can also do, but you are limited to the controller)

* Better graphics and better graphics options. I can disable motion blur on PC games. Faster FPS.
  • Regardless of both PC Gaming and console gaming my suggestion is that you must try best gaming laptop this will be new and pleasant experience for your gaming.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2019 at 11:14PM
    dan958 wrote: »
    PC.

* I don't have to deal with console generations and if they are backwards compatible or not.

* More exlusives that I enjoy. (I enjoy tactical shooters like Arma, Squad, Prost Scriptum)

* I have more freedom over everything. I can play with different controllers, mouse and keyboard, a damn guitar hero controller if I want. I can also chose to be at my desk or chilling out on the sofa (which consoles can also do, but you are limited to the controller)

* Better graphics and better graphics options. I can disable motion blur on PC games. Faster FPS.

You serious? If you've an XBox One, you buy XBox One games, etc. Not terribly difficult or taxing?

Likewise with the controller. Various controllers available to suit, and no need to use a mouse or keyboard because no console games are designed to use them. And likewise if you're "chilling out on the sofa" you're going to find it hard to use a mouse and keyboard on your PC.

And guitar hero controllers came first to consoles, not PCs.
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 March 2019 at 5:15PM
    motorguy wrote: »
    You serious? If you've an XBox One, you buy XBox One games, etc. Not terribly difficult or taxing?

Likewise with the controller. Various controllers available to suit, and no need to use a mouse or keyboard because no console games are designed to use them. And likewise if you're "chilling out on the sofa" you're going to find it hard to use a mouse and keyboard on your PC.

And guitar hero controllers came first to consoles, not PCs.

That is because consoles are not fully backward compatible. The Xbox 360 could play some original Xbox games, but not all. the Xbox one has some older games re-released on it (even then, this is worse than the PC as you have to rebuy them), but not all. I like my PC because if I want to play an old point and click like The Longest Journey. I can.

With controllers, consoles are extrmeley limited. Consoles HAVE to use whatever the console manufacturers limit you to. Pc doesn't have that limiatation. Besides, why would I find it difficult to use a mouse and keyboard on the sofa? You can just get a sofa tray that is designed for that. At least I can play with decent accuracy rather than using gimped analogs sticks. i'll keep the controller there for games that don't require any decent accuracy.

Yes, guitar hero controllers may have beeen out first on console, that wasnt the point I was making. The point I was making was that if I wanted to play dark Souls with a Guitar hero controller (for whatever reason). I could.

This thread is asking people why they prefer using one device over the next. It just so happens that I like being able to play my old PC games using any controller I feel in the mood for.

And your point here is funny
    and no need to use a mouse or keyboard because no console games are designed to use them.

That is why I prefer playing on the PC!
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I agree with your point about discrete console generations as it's something I find frustrating particularly we're now a point where the PS4, Xbox and PC are all fundamentally the same now. I'm a big fan of how well Microsoft's Play Anywhere works where you can play some Xbox titles on PC and play with other Xbox One users seamlessly, it would be good to see more of that. Exclusives are all the more irritating now all the hardware is so similar, Ace Combat 7 looks like the VR missions would be a bit of entertainment but I can't play them on a PC VR headset and there's no way I'm forking out for PS VR on top of that.

The problem of discrete console generations is particularly noticeable on their release, when the Xbox One came out it had a very limited library of expensive games and it has no backwards support for either games or hardware so you couldn't use Xbox 360 controllers even though they are functionally the same. Even though the Xbox One does now support backwards compatibility the performance at best is usually only as good as it was on the 360 and in some cases a lot worse despite the much higher performance hardware. I realise it's impressive they have it working at all due to the different architectures but from a functional point of view it's frustrating.

With a PC on the other hand there's no backwards compatibility as such because pretty much any game will work and not only that, will run much better than the game did originally in its day. When you get a new PC you can carry on using all your previous controllers without having to immediately dump them all for new ones and you've the free choice of whatever controller you design you want.
  • Hey I am new to the community and want to open myself first.
    I am Gerard as I am also a good video game players.
    According to me PC is more compatible to play video games series.
  • I choose PC over a gaming console because I can use my PC for drawing and editing (Photoshop/ClipStudio), making documents (MS Office), and streaming series and movies than a gaming console that is purely for gaming.
  • Daniel21
    Daniel21 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I prefer PC games
  • motorguy
    dan958 wrote: »
    That is because consoles are not fully backward compatible. The Xbox 360 could play some original Xbox games, but not all. the Xbox one has some older games re-released on it (even then, this is worse than the PC as you have to rebuy them), but not all. I like my PC because if I want to play an old point and click like The Longest Journey. I can.

With controllers, consoles are extrmeley limited. Consoles HAVE to use whatever the console manufacturers limit you to. Pc doesn't have that limiatation. Besides, why would I find it difficult to use a mouse and keyboard on the sofa? You can just get a sofa tray that is designed for that. At least I can play with decent accuracy rather than using gimped analogs sticks. i'll keep the controller there for games that don't require any decent accuracy.

Yes, guitar hero controllers may have beeen out first on console, that wasnt the point I was making. The point I was making was that if I wanted to play dark Souls with a Guitar hero controller (for whatever reason). I could.

This thread is asking people why they prefer using one device over the next. It just so happens that I like being able to play my old PC games using any controller I feel in the mood for.

And your point here is funny

That is why I prefer playing on the PC!

Just buy the games for the console generation you have. It would be rare to find a game that you'd be standing in a shop somewhere thinking "oh i wonder if this 8 year old game works on my brand new latest gen console" and if you do find youself in that quandry its easy checked online.

The are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of brilliant games for the latest gen consoles without having to resort to the back catalog of a console from years back no longer in production.

And i personally a standard controller can be an advantage, rather than having to have a range of controllers for various games - it forces the games designers to make the most of the controllers that people have. And there are various levels of Pro controllers if people really must.

And yes, there are many valid reasons for preferring PC gaming to console, however "because not knowing if my console will play a previous console game is a problem i dont want to have to deal with" is a new one on me....
  • motorguy
    I choose PC over a gaming console because I can use my PC for drawing and editing (Photoshop/ClipStudio), making documents (MS Office), and streaming series and movies than a gaming console that is purely for gaming.

But the price you'd have paid for a full on gaming PC compared to a current gen console + standard desktop PC surely makes that a moot point?

Unless you're a graphics designer....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport