PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 25 January 2020

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 25 January 2020 at 8:11AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 25 January 2020

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH watching catchup tv, and I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my first cuppa and my porridge whilst on here. DS1 still in his pit and DS2 settled and happy.

Dark and the air feels cooler this morning.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken and chips for the menfolk, I had fishcakes and salad. We are now trying to use up stocks from the freezer so there may be some strange combo's!

Today I'll be heading into town first thing to visit the building society, and pick up a newspaper on the way home. Yesterday I got the jobs I done I wanted, so bed all changed and linen all washed, dried, folded and back in the airing cupboard.

Hoping this afternoon will be a chill afternoon as last few weeks has been a bit hectic - hopefully life will settle down a bit now and be a bit more normal - whatever that may be!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Another dry day in store, we are getting spoiled.

Another early rising thanks to Sparkle. Not content with stripping the wallpaper in my bedroom, she has now taken to swinging on the curtains too. I despair! Once she has got the early morning destructive behaviour out of her system she then settles down to be an almost normal cat for the rest of the day! But I still love her to bits!!

I need to pop in town this morning for some bits I can't get in Aldi. The Pound shop and Savers should fix me up. Very exciting things like Zoflora, Pears soap etc.

I am still wading through all the small bits and pieces tucked in the freezers before I start on the rest. I am having some "interesting" meals to say the least! Fortunately all the labels have remained intact so I do know what I am getting out.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all the poorly folk, babies and animals. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning folks.

TA - cats seem to have a mad half hour every day. My cat used to rush up stairs, dash back down them and slide on the hall Lino before smashing into the front door, again and agsin!

Plans for today are they usual'. Shopping first thing and setting up afternoon tea for DM and her friend. If the weather is OK I'll go out for a bit.

Yesterday I walked round swan lake, the swans are beet comfortable people walking past them, the geese turn away and the ducks get annoyed. It was fascinating watching some of the swans washing themselves by rolling over in the water, all the way over side to side.

Now I wish everyone a happy and peaceful Saturday. Happy Burns Day too.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]bellabella I've been thinking of you, I hope your girl is OK xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Yoga – hahaha! I'm sticking to standing exercises for now because I can't even sit with my legs crossed. For someone who used to be very bendy, I was pathetic :D Bendability rating on a scale of 1-10 – 0.2 :rotfl: This has now become a challenge, short videos only for now though :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scamp seems relieved that he can't see out of the windows, he hasn't even bothered trying to find a view. There is one window he can still get to but I can only block that by keeping the blind permanently closed and I won't do that, I'll need the light on in the hall all day. He doesn't seem interested in it all, except for when one of us goes out the front door. It's like he felt the need to guard the house, and now that he can't, that need has gone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Walks are good too, nice and calm (barring cat sightings!) and he's met up with a couple of his mates and had a play with them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've given the chicken shed a good scrub and have put loads of new hay down, I just need to put new nesting boxes in there. They'll probably ignore them for a couple of days, they hate change and would rather I left the messy ones for them :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Happycas
    Happycas Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello again

I seem to have been locked out of here the last two days, but today it's let me log in again. No idea why!

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know you haven't missed anything exciting! DH still under the weather and still waiting for an appointment with gastro consultant, so we're not doing very much at all. Little forays to local garden centre and local outlet shops for a walk and a coffee is the order of the day at the moment.

I've been catching up on lots of nearly finished sewing and crafty bits, so I'm now allowing myself to start on the Liberty fat quarters DD got me for Christmas. They're so beautiful I hardly dare cut them!

Hope everyone has a happy Saturday.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

I was having a series of 'power surges' last night so I didn't get much sleep as I was far too hot. Got to love the menopause for keeping your heating bills down :rotfl:. Poor Steve had a disturbed night too so I have left him in bed to catch up on some sleep.

I have to organise an online shop for tomorrow. I can't believe I have left it so late, not like me at all. Hopefully there will be some delivery slots left. We are running perilously short of loo roll and other essentials.

Tru, glad to hear Scamp has settled a bit now xx
    TA, your Sparkle sounds a right character, hope she settles soon for you (and your wallpaper) xx
    Gers, glad you enjoyed your walk round the swan pond. It sounds so lovely I am quite envious xx
    nmlc, thank you again for starting us off xx

Something chickeny for tea tonight, not sure what. I quite fancy a curry though. I will ask Lee to make a lemon drizzle cake too as we have a rather sad little lemon knocking around our fridge that just needs using up in a rather delicious way :D.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Good morning, it's dry here whoo hoo, might get out on the garden and tidy up.

Dumpling, I can sleep under a 4.5 tog quilt all winter, I've never really got rid of "power surges". Nor could I ever wear those glamorous looking polyester satin nighties, I would overheat in a big way, it has to be a 100% cotton nightshirt. (not that I'm glamorous anyway!)

Happycas, I once bought a liberty dress in a charity shop for the fabric ,which is beautiful. Occasionally I look on their site just to look at what I would buy if I could afford it. Pathetic !

I cleaned the spare room yesterday, certainly shifted some dust and fluff, I'm thinking the other spare could do with a makeover. There's hobby stuff and the Dgc's toys in there, but it could still be painted I think. I'll wait till Dh has got the new shed, and that's sorted out though. It will be arriving next week and Ds will come over to lend a hand with putting it up etc.

Don't know whats happening today, there's a bit of shopping to do.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Take care folks
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone... I've had a lovely lie in till 8am so just having breakfast.
    DD and little grand daughter 'escaped' from hospital yesterday afternoon! We went out for tea last night... It was lovely to see them out of the hospital. Little one was all smiles and cuddles... She seemed so pleased to be home. We then called st my man and dads house so she could be reunited with great gran and great grandad... it was lovely she was full of smiles and cuddling into them.
    They have to go back on Sunday night. Little one will have a scan and see consultant on Monday so hopefully some decisions as to what happens next will then be made.
    Right I have ironing to do. Have a good day everyone
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Dry here and not so cold I have a towel load in the wm and will hang it out for a while today.

We need to have a good clean through this morning but it wont take long with the three of us, One of us will need to pop to a shop too for a few bits.

Dinner tonight is steak for OH and I with chips peas and stuffed mushrooms dd will have something veggi maybe a Linda McCartney Mozzarella burger which are apparently very tasty.

Log man coming this morning which is good as we were completely run out and its cold in the evenings.

Bella Bella I do hope your pup is ok xx
    Right better get on have good days all xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    dp1, fingers crossed they can sort out what is wrong with little one.

We're home, got back after midnight last night so I am a bit tired this morning. I've just seen Steve and Chris off to golf and am planing to have a blitz on the house this morning. I also need to go and collect a parcel from the post office.

We had a fire inspection and installation of extinguishers in the Yorkshire house yesterday, apparently we also need to link the smoke alarms and have a heat alarm installed in the kitchen - more expense. I was a bit surprised we had to have extinguishers as the advice always used to be to get out and not try to fight a fire yourself. I suppose they might be useful if you need to clear a path for yourself.

I have no idea what we will eat tonight, my mojo has really gone when it comes to planning meals.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Dry and windy this morning so 3 loads of washing out on the line, just the bedding to do but that can wait until tomorrow.

Lovely walk with DD and Sophie along the canal yesterday, it was quite mild and still light enough at 4.30 to see where we were going.

tru - I'm not at all bendy but the videos don't judge!

Housework this morning, I'm having a quiet weekend due to January being about 93 days long and payday not until Tuesday!

Have a good weekend. Take care. XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport