purchase - lost in transit

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,188 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dldbsl wrote: »
    he is a Snr member of the Peugeot RCZ owners forum by the way!
    What should I say to the admin or should I send to the member himself?

thanks

I thought you were already talking to the seller?

You need to follow the advice above, ask seller for a refund and if he says no then speak to the admin and also start the LBA procedure.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dldbsl
    dldbsl Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 November 2018 at 8:34AM
    neilmcl wrote: »
    I take it this was your post?
    Yes Neil that was my advert....
    just wondering what I can say to the Admin or post a new topic or when to do it. I have just emailed the seller using the advice I have just been given from you asking for a full refund.
  • dldbsl
    soolin wrote: »
    I thought you were already talking to the seller?

You need to follow the advice above, ask seller for a refund and if he says no then speak to the admin and also start the LBA procedure.
    got it soolin!
    email has been sent to seller following the advices above - thanks
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes Neil that was my advert....
    just wondering what I can say to the Admin or post a new topic or when to do it. I have just emailed the seller using the advice I have just been given from you asking for a full refund.
    Why not add another post to that thread of yours and pm him directly if you don't get a reply from his email.
  • dldbsl
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Why not add another post to that thread of yours and pm him directly if you don't get a reply from his email.
    thats just the advice I was after Neil - will consider doing tonite if I dont hear as he is probably at work - gives a bit more leverage.....
  • neilmcl wrote: »
    thats just the advice I was after Neil - will consider doing tonite if I dont hear as he is probably at work - gives a bit more leverage.....

That's a good idea from neil.
    Once the seller sees the new post (make sure that you word it carefully, not accusing him of anything simply ask him how he is going to resolve the problem seeing that he has your money and his courier failed to deliver his goods to you), he may decide to do something.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Does the initial tracking show the address from where the parcel was collected? Does that look like it might be his home address?

Assuming you're able to file a claim, given that he works for the police would a CCJ cause him employment problems? (I believe it does do so for some occupations).
  • dldbsl
    edited 3 November 2018 at 8:40AM
    DoaM wrote: »
    Does the initial tracking show the address from where the parcel was collected? Does that look like it might be his home address?

Assuming you're able to file a claim, given that he works for the xxxxxx would a CCJ cause him employment problems? (I believe it does do so for some occupations).
    hi

seller booked through P2G which is a broker and Yodel were the courier to deliver to me.

i received an email from P2G with tracking information and delivery date. When Yodel update their tracking it also updates P2G.

from tracking I can see the wheel was collected by Yodel from the seller - the sellers address is NOT given. Immediately after collection the wheel was lost / stolen in transit.

well before all this i talked with the seller at length by phone and got his address as he wanted me to collect but it was too far hence courier. I got his name and bank details and made the payment to seller via bank. We are both xxxxxxxxx car owners and in talking he mentioned he worked for the police in forensics and some times travels to Bolton. He was going to drop off next time in Bolton but as going on holiday decided to send to me by courier (price included in the £xxx I paid).

After reporting failure of wheel to arrive he reported to police as theft and gave me a crime no. He says he chased with a colleague who advised NFA by them as a civil matter.

seller booked / paid courier and neither P2G nor Yodel would deal with me and the contract was with the seller. at my request seller raised lost parcel query with P2G and he is the only person with access to check progress - which has been NIL.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Do you know if he insured the parcel? (Ultimately not your problem, but it would make HIS claim easier to get his money back).

As said previously, if he's going to adopt a "slopey shoulders" approach then you'll have to get "legal" with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure