Food Standards Agency Ratings Warning

Options

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    isplumm wrote: »
    I love these ads where certain cleaning products claim to kill 99% of all known germs ... :rotfl:what about the 1% of germs it doesn't kill!!

Mark

and otherwise it's UP TO 100%! Absolutely meaningless.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    isplumm wrote: »
    I love these ads where certain cleaning products claim to kill 99% of all known germs ... :rotfl:what about the 1% of germs it doesn't kill!!

Mark

If there are some germs they don't know about, how do they know they exist?
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    If there are some germs they don't know about, how do they know they exist?

Your question does not follow from the original statement.
    That doesn't say there are germs they don't know about but allows for there being germs they don't know about - a possibility, not a fact of existing.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Options
    Your question does not follow from the original statement.
    That doesn't say there are germs they don't know about but allows for there being germs they don't know about - a possibility, not a fact of existing.

Yes I thought someone might say that-sue me:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Also what is the point in them giving the ratings out when they never act or check up on them for improvements etc. One local place has had a zero score since July yet they are still open every night and it's nearly the end of November.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Also what is the point in them giving the ratings out when they never act or check up on them for improvements etc. One local place has had a zero score since July yet they are still open every night and it's nearly the end of November.

While I think the scores are fairly meaningless, I wouldn’t go anywhere that had a zero rating
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,308 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was under the impression that if you got a zero they closed the premises. You could only open again once you had made improvements.
    Come on you Irons
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

When my son worked as an EHO in the U.K. a zero score meant instant closure.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Zinger549 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that if you got a zero they closed the premises. You could only open again once you had made improvements.
    pollypenny wrote: »
    When my son worked as an EHO in the U.K. a zero score meant instant closure.

Doesn't seem to be the case around here.

Basically they give out a random score and must turn around and say "see you same time next year" and that's it.
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Options
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    To be honest the rating are useless. Give just a pointless score without any specifics. They shoukld stop checking most things and just score individually on the thinsg a customer can't check.

But then no nice simple score for idiots is there?

They also concentrate on written instructions, signage etc., rather than actually checking/observing what the staff are actually doing. I.e. as long as there is a "wash your hands" sign, it's a box ticked - they don't actually check the chef has washed his hands. Same with temperature, as long as the instructions says to check the burger is x degrees, it's a box ticked - they don't check the temperature themselves to make sure it's been done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure