IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form Originating from bwlegal and Britannia parking

Comments

• avem1
    avem1 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Any of the pros online to comment on my last defence with the 5.2 addition? many thanks.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    avem1 wrote: »
    Any of the pros online to comment on my last defence with the 5.2 addition? many thanks.
    Personally I would leave it out as point 5 covers the lack of landowner authority and then it's up to Britannia to prove who has the contract.

The two letters dated 2016 and 2018 are basically worthless as the witness states that the contract is with either Britannia Parking Services or Britannia Parking Group Ltd-Note neither of these companies is the claimant.

• avem1
    Thanks Castle. Unless any of the other pros have any further comments, I'll be emailing this off over the weekend.
  • avem1
    My defence was received by the court on 20 Nov. I received a letter from BWLegal on 29 Nov to say their client intends to continue with the claim and they've notified court of the same. They then enclose a copy of their completed directions questionnaire (which isnt anywhere labeled an N180).

To this date, I have not received anything from the court such as a directions questionnaire and when I've just been on the MCOL website to check everything, there is nothing to say the claimant has responded with a directions questionnaire etc, its last entry is just for my defence being received on 20 nov.

Is this the normal and when should I expect a directions questionnaire from the court?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks Castle. Unless any of the other pros have any further comments, I'll be emailing this off over the weekend.

Castle knows what he is talking about
  • avem1
    I dont doubt it, but shouldnt the court have automatically sent me a directions form as they have the claimant? I'll be giving the court a phone call to chase up.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I dont doubt it, but shouldnt the court have automatically sent me a directions form as they have the claimant? I'll be giving the court a phone call to chase up.
    Check with the court that BW Legal have actually sent the original back to the court. The court will only send your DQ once the claimant has returned the original.

You can download a blank DQ from here if necessary:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track
  • avem1
    perfect, thanks castle
  • avem1
    edited 22 December 2018 at 2:44PM
    The Claimant finally submitted the DQ to the court during this week and I have now received a DQ from the court too.
    Is it suggested to put my telephone number on the DQ?....dont particularly want BW Legal to have this.

My nearest court would be Bournemouth. In IamEmanresu's post on completing the DQ they mention bournemouth and that you literally dont want to go there. Was this just in ref to De Verre or all cases?

Many thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Is it suggested to put my telephone number on the DQ?....dont particularly want BW Legal to have this.
    Transpose some o the numbers. Easy typo to make when stressed!
    My nearest court would be Bournemouth. In IamEmanresu's post on completing the DQ they mention Bournemouth and that you literally dont want to go there. Was this just in ref to De Verre or all cases?
    De Vere always seem to do well at Bournemouth county court - but (rhetoric aside) the reasons for their success are really not known. Britannia doesn't instantly spring to mind in the context of Bournemouth, but if you're concerned why not nominate another nearby town, and see if you can be allocated there?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport